Built from brick private cottages have a presentable appearance, but in this case the key material requires a fair financial cost. In such conditions, the popularity of facade panels imitating colored or white brickwork is increasing. This product, undoubtedly, decorates the building, besides it creates conditions for additional insulation.
Essence and advantages of building material
Basic characteristics of wall panels:
- Facade panels for a brick can be fixed on any foundation - on a tree, dilapidated brickwork, concrete;
- Weather conditions will not affect the duration and success of the installation procedures;
- as already mentioned above, an intensively insulated structure is being arranged;
- installation is accompanied by a minimum level of waste - a maximum of 5% of the waste material is formed.
Finishing the house from the outside with façade panels for bricks - a relatively new phenomenon in the domestic construction segment, this technique has become popular literally in the last few years. The relevance and high popularity of facing products are explained by their following advantages:
- resistance to conditions of increased humidity and sharp prolonged temperature changes. Panels do not collapse under the influence of rapid changes in high and low temperature indicators, they are not afraid of constant contact with ultraviolet radiation;
- on the surface there are no salt stains. The owners of brick buildings are familiar with this problem: natural burnt material quickly absorbs the surrounding moisture, in which a considerable amount of salt is usually dissolved, eventually the coating appears on the facade. Artificial analogs do not have such an absorbent property;
- a large assortment. Manufacturers offer products with a variety of texture, color, size, especially in demand imitations for white, beige, yellow, red brick. This diversity allows you to give the facade a unique design;
- lightness and high speed of installation. To fix the wall panels, it is not necessary to involve a team of craftsmen - even without special skills you can do all the work yourself. Due to the large size of the products, the event on the skin of the building is made in a short time;
- great operational resource. The service life of decorative finishing material is comparable with the durability of brickwork;
- low weight of products - significantly reduces the load on the foundation;
- high strength - panels are safer than siding, they withstand significant mechanical stress.
In the profile market, one can find models that differ in terms of mounting technology, the presence of a heater, the basic material, quality indicators, and cost.
The most budgetary segment is PVC panels, but they do not have a rich performance, this defect is more than covered with an abundance of imitations - in particular, the variations of burnt bricks and laconic yellow masonry are in demand.
Clinker facade panels with a heater have a high safety margin, they are durable and very reliable, which explains their relevance in regions with severe climate and changeable weather. Such products are manufactured using innovative technology, resulting in the coating of various colors, textures and sizes.
Finishing material can look antique (these are common yellow variations), modern modifications in the Art Nouveau style are also in demand. Many manufacturers accept individual orders, shipping products to customers in accordance with the provided sketches.
To produce the type of cladding in question, a high-quality clinker of world-famous building brands is usually used, for example, Roben, ABC, Feldhaus Klinker, Strohe. The thickness of the tile varies between 9-14 mm. To insulate the finish use a 6-centimeter layer of expanded polystyrene or 4, 6, 8 cm polyurethane. The weight of each product usually does not exceed 16 kg.
Examples of concrete panels for brick
One of the most popular types is the "Canyon" plates, modern plasticizing additives, high-quality concrete, coloring pigments imitating the color of natural material, and fine-grained sand are used for their production. External similarity and texture of the brick is achieved through the use of vibration technology, the basis in this case are silicone molds.
In order to facilitate the installation and enhance the strength of the fastening, each panel is equipped with special metal brackets. The weight of a square meter of the panel is 40 kg.
"KMEW" is a Japanese variety of products based on quartz-cement composition, as a filler is a mixture of cellulose fibers. Thanks to the innovative production technology, the mass of the material is noticeably reduced. Panels can have any color, texture, but a mandatory component is a specific protective coating. The thickness of the material r
eaches 16 mm, dimensions - 45x30 cm.
Polymer facade panels for exterior decoration "Döcke-R" attract the simplicity and speed of installation. Since they do not form a significant load on the facade, any kind of insulation can be used with them. The products are a separate type of vinyl siding, imitating brick facing. The size of the panels does not exceed 113х46 cm with a weight of not more than 2 kg and a thickness of 16 mm.
Domestic line "Alta-profile" shows high resistance to manifestations of severe climate and high humidity, is distinguished by its durability and enhanced strength. The standard dimensions of the products are 114x48 cm, weight reaches 2.5 kg.
Specificity of the products
Facing can be done on its own, preliminary works are divided into 2 stages:
- careful preparation of the substrate, creating an ideally flat, level surface. It is necessary to completely remove worn paint, if any, apply antiseptics and antifungal agents to the entire surface. Next, the leveled area is primed;
- to reduce the differences and create a symmetrical facade on the wall mount a wooden or metal crate, in which you can lay a heater.
Rules for installing panels:
- The laying of the facade plates starts at one of the corners of the lower row. If the introduction of special corner elements is not envisaged, the material is cut at an angle of 45 ° (here you need a Bulgarian);
- the panel is connected to the crate with the help of self-tapping screws;
- the next row begins only after the entire previous one has been fully mounted;
- the flatness of the location of all elements is checked using the building level;
- All joints and seams are filled with a solution responsible for the tightness of the joints.
Slopes, as a rule, are made of plastic. If the design project does not provide for the use of different materials, these areas can be covered with decorative plaster. Caring for the panels involves periodic inspection of the reliability of fasteners, special attention is paid to the angular segments (enough once a year). Pollution is eliminated with a damp cloth.
Attractive appearance - this is not the only advantage of the panels under the brick. They have low cost, low level of waste, are characterized by ease of installation, due to which they pretend to be leading in the field of facade decoration materials. They are increasingly chosen as the main facade of buildings, because they can not be visually distinguished from real brickwork.