The hall is the first room that meets guests. Let it is not as important as a living room or kitchen, but it is thanks to her that an initial impression is formed about the apartment, the house, therefore the hallway design should correspond to the style of the apartment. It is not always at the repair stage that the future use of a sofa or a banquet is expected. However, it is difficult to deny the comfort and order that a sofa with a curbstone in the hallway creates.
The rules of choosing a sofa in the hallway
Before choosing a decent model, you need to clearly know the size of the room. If the entrance door opens into the room, it is important to leave the area free for the free movement of the door leaf.
The hallway is a room in which the rules of creating an organic design must be observed, therefore it is taken into account that a beautiful and ornate sofa, despite all the refinement, will look ridiculous in a modest room with usual repairs.
Even if the area of the room is large enough, do not overload it with extra furniture. It is inappropriate to put a sofa in the hallway with an armchair and a small table.
From the liked models it is necessary to give preference to the most functional object which will allow to be conveniently located, to put a bag or to hide footwear.
Types of furniture for the hallway
The most comfortable and familiar to see in the corridor at the entrance is a sofa. We can conditionally distinguish the following forms:
- bench - a product with a narrow seat for several people, with a high back (or without). As a support for the seat used four legs;
- banquet - a small bench without a backrest with a soft seat;
- sofa-curbstone - a product with a box for shoes (closed or with open shelves) with a soft seat.
Create comfort and make the atmosphere look good you can and other models of furniture: a chair, an ottoman for the hallway.
Selecting the material for the sofa
Manufacturers of furniture offer products that have a shallow depth, with rounded or rectangular surfaces that can easily fit into a compact space. Most often for the hallway choose sofas forged, made of wood, woven from the vines.
Forged bench or banquet will become the hallmark of the room, decorated in Empire, Baroque, Provence styles. Similar models are made with twisted legs, giving the couch lightness and grace. You can choose a product with a backrest or armrests. As a rule, the seat is covered with a cloth or the set includes removable cushions.
Some designs forged models do not contain shoe boxes, but a sofa in the hallway in a modern style can have shelves for shoes or small things (handbags, newspapers, magazines). This is the ideal furniture for families, where many guests are invited or there are pets.
Wooden products perfectly fit into the design of country or classic styles. Models can have thread patterns, be painted or coated with a clear varnish. A mini sofa in the hallway usually has a backrest and a seat upholstered in fabric or leather. For maximum convenience and comfort, the product is equipped with a small shelf, table, drawer or pedestal-shoe. Made sofa in the hallway from different types of wood, which affects the price. However, it is quite possible to choose a stylish budget option.
Wicker products are usually produced in the form of a bench without a backrest. An excellent variant of the combined sofa is a bench made of wood and equipped with wicker boxes. Similar furniture options are suitable for country, Provence style. Perfectly complement the Mediterranean or Scandinavian style benches made of light wood or painted with white paint.
Upholstery of furniture
A small sofa in the hallway gives it a homely look. Upholstery can act as a link to the interior of the room. The most popular materials:
- textiles (velor, flock, shinill, dense cotton fabric). As a rule, these fabrics are wear-resistant, are resistant to burning out, they are simply cleaned;
- The genuine leather gives the products a luxurious and refined look. This is expensive upholstery, whic
h is perfectly combined with valuable wood species. A large range of colors allows you to choose the model of the desired color. Leather sofas in the hallway are suitable for design of modern and classic styles;
- leatherette refers to the budget version of the upholstery. This material mimics the natural skin, but can not boast of a long life, so it is not recommended to choose for rooms where there are many people.
Recommendations for choosing furniture
Furniture for the hallway must meet several criteria: be comfortable, do not take up much space, do not interfere with opening the entrance doors, match the design of the hallway. Designers and furniture manufacturers advise first of all to pay attention to the following characteristics:
- reliability in operation. Perhaps, forged products are able to withstand the attention of animals and a large influx of guests;
- The color scheme of furniture should support the general background of the hallway or be a bright contrast element of the appropriate shade. Certainly, white color expands space and adds light to small hallways. A smart white sofa in the hallway will perfectly decorate a small room. However, it must be remembered that the hallway is a place of dirty shoes, wet clothes, and white color is very moody in the care and quickly gets dirty, so you should prefer other light shades: beige, light blue, light olive;
- When choosing the dimensions of the product, one must take into account the geometry of the hallway. A narrow sofa will not interfere with the movement of residents. Another great option would be to install a corner sofa. In this case, the "dead" corner zone will be used. Corner models with metal legs perfectly complement modern style or high-tech, minimalism.
It is impossible to single out clear rules for arranging the hallway. Creating an interior and choosing furniture, we must, first of all, focus on the interests and tastes of residents.