A third of a person's life is spent in a dream, which means that everyone needs to sleep somewhere. In a large apartment the choice is great: you can put a bed, buy a futon, buy a couch or a couch, but in a small room the options are much smaller. In fact, to leave at least some space, a compact drawout sofa will do the best.
Advantages and disadvantages
The roll-out sofas, like any other furniture, have their advantages:
- compactness - in the unfolded state the sofa occupies places like a real bed, but it is only necessary to fold it to release all this space for other needs;
- variability - rolled out sofas are large and small, double and single, soft and hard, so that everyone can choose the most suitable for him, his room and his back option;
- design - correctly chosen folding sofas can become the center of the room and its real decoration;
- reliability - certain types of sofas are simply impossible to break, so simple is their mechanism and the material of manufacture is so reliable;
- cost - it is as variable as the rest of the parameters - everyone can find a withdrawable sofa for themselves, regardless of the level of income;
- relevance - the right sofa will fit in any room - even for a small kitchenette, you can choose a corner sofa with a roll-out mechanism.
However, of course, there are disadvantages:
- low level - in the unfolded state the sleeping place is often low, it can be inconvenient to climb from it, especially without the habit;
- Level differences - since the sleeping place consists of several folding blocks, unavoidable occurrence of unevenness on it, which can prevent a sensitive person from sleeping;
- the need for care - is relevant for all sofas, not only for those who have a sleeper roll out, because the upholstery should be cleaned from time to time.
In addition, the roll-out sofa is always compact, and if its design implies a box for storing laundry, this box will not be large.
When choosing a sofa, first of all you need to compare the pros and cons - for each specific case, one thing will outweigh.
Types of structures
The withdrawable mechanism of the sofa is always made as reliable as possible, but it can differ greatly in different versions. The convenience of operation depends on these differences.
The simplest version, which is familiar to many from childhood. In the construction of only two components - the back and seat. To decompose the sofa, you need to raise the seat, lowering the backrest, and then lower it and back. Under the bottom of sofas of this type is a box under the laundry - because of its design features, it can be considered the greatest possible. The mechanism is reliable and can last for years, but hardly suitable for people with a problematic spine - in order to raise the seat, you need to make a noticeable effort.
Also a simple option - to get a sleeping place, you need only physical strength. It is necessary to drag the seat on yourself until it comes to the manufacturer's position. Then you need to press the backrest and lower it to the horizontal position. Also not suitable for people with back problems.
This is most often a corner sofa with drawout mechanism is very easy to operate. To get a sleeping place it is enough to pull the loop under the bottom, pulling on the hidden part of the seat, which thanks to a special mechanism will rise level with the rest of the sofa. Forces are required less than for books, but the size of the storage box is small.
The most modern version of the book, unfolding is not due to physical strength, but due to the mechanism. It is enough to raise the seat slightly so that the back itself falls. Most models are equipped with the possibility of securing in intermediate positions.
This variety also unfolds easily - just pull the loop under the bottom, and the sleeper rolls out ahead. The user only needs to lower the backrest into the released cavity. The only drawback of such a sofa (it can be a fold-out double sofa or corner sofa with roll-out mechanism depending on the user's tastes) is the relative unreliability of the mechanism. If you add and unfold it every day, the rolling out part can break.
Roll-out accordion sofa
It works on the principle of a roll-out sofa, but it's even easier - pull out a fold-out accordion sofa enough to loop under the bottom so that all the sleeper rolls forward, and the back rest is placed on its intended place on its own. This design is suitable even for the child, because it does not require the application of considerable physical strength.
Clamshells (they are also called "whistles" because of the principl
e of unfolding)
In this case, in order to expand the sofa, you need to deploy the bed in succession, as the paper tape-whistle unfolds. The process requires a lot of caution and makes a small sofa almost unsuitable for daily use - the mechanism is too fragile for constant loads.
One of the most modern options, combines a roll-out sofa-accordion and a dolphin. In fact, all you need to do is pull the loop under the bottom. The sleeping place leaves, the user raises it on one level with the rest of the sofa and quietly goes to bed. The back does not fall.
Roll-out sofas (with a drawer for linen, with wooden armrests or without) are very diverse. Choose the mechanism should be in accordance with their physical capabilities and needs.
The mechanism is an important part, but there are other nuances that are worth considering. Small drawout sofas can be arranged in the same way, but because of different materials it is felt quite differently. It is necessary to take into account three factors - from what the skeleton is made, what coating is covered and what fabric is covered. There are many options.
So, there are wireframes:
- Of wood. The wooden frame is expensive, but reliable and beautiful. However, it is very important that it be made without violating the processing technology, otherwise it will creak and sleep on it will not work.
- Of metal. The draw-out sofa on the metal frame can last for many years, since it is hardly possible to find a material that will be more reliable than metal - no wooden frame can compare with it for reliability. However, the metal is expensive and, at high humidity, can start to rust.
- From the chipboard. The cheapest and most unreliable option - a wooden frame will last much longer. Particleboard is thin, easily cracked and out of order. However, it is light and a sofa for a child or an adult, the frame of which is made of it, can be folded and unfolded without effort.
The most remarkable roll-out orthopedic sofa and the finest skeleton will not make a proper impression if they are covered with a bad covering. It happens:
- holofayber - modern version, very elastic, does not cause allergies, does not absorb odors, well tolerates cleansing;
- foam rubber - the cheapest option, which is packed with straight drawout sofas, quickly crumples, easily absorbs odors and just a couple of years out of order;
- polyurethane - a relative of foam rubber, but more modern, therefore it does not crumple, does not absorb a smell and serves longer;
- spring unit - roll-out double sofas with such a filler are well maintained posture, but quickly fail and start to sprinkle with springs;
- natural fillers - are prohibitive, like a leather coating, but do not cause allergies and provide good orthopedic support to the back.
In addition to the filler, it is also important to cover - a leather roll-out sofa with cushions will be very different from the same sofa, but with a textile coating. Skinning happens:
- textile, simple fabric - beautiful, pleasant to the touch, but short-lived and will live only five to six years with active use;
- leather - very durable, virtually does not wear out, but not everyone is pleasant to touch, especially in hot summer or very cold winter;
- leatherette - the sofa covered by it looks no worse than leather, it is somewhat cheaper, but it will not last long;
- flock - the cheapest option, which is easily electrified, attracts dust and wool and will fail in just a couple of years;
- velor - very nice to the touch velvet material, which wears out almost as quickly as a flock, relying;
- tapestry - a synthetic fabric, specially made as much as possible resistant to wear (it serves almost as long as a leather version);
- cotton - natural, does not cause allergies, but like most natural tissues, quickly deteriorates.
In addition to the form and materials should also take into account:
- Additional functional - sometimes a drawout with a drawer for clothes is more important than a sofa, but without a drawer, and a sofa without armrests immediately loses the same, but with armrests. Someone likes sofas on the legs, someone prefers couches with a bent back - it's worth it to taste, having got acquainted with all the options.
- Color and style. The withdrawable accordion-sofa should fit well - a kitchen roll-out sofa, whose leather is very expensive and has a rich black color, will look stupid in the kitchen in bright colors. As well as the roll-out sofa-accordion in the modern style, it's just disgustingly fit into the living room in the style of Provence.
- Dimensions. A corner sofa with a rolling mechanism - or an accordion sofa - should fit well in size. It should be convenient to lay out, it should not stick to the wall and seem too large. Before you go for a purchase, you should measure the dimensions and go already with them.
Buy a sofa of your dreams - a corner sofa with roll-out mechanism, a sofa-book, an accordion sofa - it's not so difficult. The main thing is to know exactly the size, shape, style and materials in which it should be executed.