Owning your own house or dacha, people want it to look beautiful and elegant, so many people want to make a unique lining of the house. Currently, the market provides an opportunity to choose the material for this. One such material is the basement siding for brick. It finds application in the formation of a standard brick exterior.
Panels for bricks used to be used only when the base was closed due to the prohibitive price. Now such material is available to almost everyone. Manufacturers of these panels are developing all new technologies that allow you to obtain numerous types of textural elements for skinning the house.
Siding for a brick has certain distinctive features:
- Used for finishing the basement or the whole house;
- The thickness of the elements is designed to withstand mechanical damage;
- Perhaps partial application in conjunction with conventional siding when covering the entire surface of the house;
- Clean installation operations;
- Different color schemes are possible (brown, red, yellow, white brick).
These panels are suitable for finishing any building made of different wall materials. You can create a brick mansion or a stone palace.
Facing brick siding is divided into different categories according to the color of the panels, but there are also different types of brick siding for the manufacturing process:
- Metal siding for bricks - in the production of the material, steel or aluminum is used. It is also known as iron siding. It has the properties of non-combustibility, resistance to shocks, durability, inertness to water, low temperatures, ultraviolet rays. The top layer of panels is formed by a layer of zinc, which helps to protect against rust. When a dent occurs, the panel is rarely restored. This kind is used mainly in the cladding of industrial buildings or hozpostroek. When the paneling is required to install a strong frame, so the panels have a weighty weight.
- Vinyl siding for bricks - in the production of polyvinyl chloride is used, which makes it possible to create a structure similar to real brick. The material retains air masses, which affects the thermal insulation properties. Panels have inherent properties of durability in water, frost conditions, ultraviolet radiation, fire. The main feature of this type is the low weight of the panels, which affects the quick process of the cladding. Also, the panels can be easily cut and stored the remaining parts.
- Fibro-cement siding - produced using cement and cellulose fibers. The result is a solid monolithic coating. This species is distinguished by a higher price compared to other species. Such material has a large mass, which requires the involvement of other people's help in finishing. When facing, it is necessary to carry out preliminary work to strengthen the walls and foundation part. Panels are frost-resistant and not exposed to UV rays.
Panel manufacturers are trying to expand the range of products, inventing new types of materials.
So there is a kind of siding made of vinyl, characterized by the presence of a heater. The panels are similar to a sandwich construction with a large thickness. In this case, you can not conduct insulation of the home.
Advantages and disadvantages
Finishing siding for brick has a number of advantages:
- The material is resistant to negative effects of sunlight, low temperature, rain, which contributes to the protection of walls and insulation from destruction.
- The production procedure is designed for the production of monolithic components of a brick arrangement, which are similar to a real masonry made of bricks. Non-breaking panels do not allow clearance areas.
- Facing the outside of the house with a siding under a brick is characterized by a lack of difficulty in working.
- Defects on the panels occur rarely, only when subjected to mechanical action with sufficient pressure.
- Practicality of application is justified by achievement of the least number of wastes during facade finishing works.
- Long service life.
- Environmentally friendly panels.
- Low labor costs when compared with the finishing of a brick or stone.
Siding for brick, in addition to positive qualities, also has such drawbacks:
- If the installation is not correct, it is possible to change the design, at low or high temperatures, the panels are compressed and expanded, so the cladding technology must be strictly observed.
- Color solutions when compared with clinker brick or artificial stone are not so diverse.
- With close examination, you can see the difference between imitation and real masonry.
The presence of a number of shortcomings does not affect in many cases the choice of siding under the brick for exterior decoration, because the price of such material is much lower. Moreover, you can choose the brown or yellow look of the panels and create a clinker like clinker.
House siding with brick imitation in most situations is performed from the outside, but it is possible to use such elements inside the building. Application options:
- Facing the general surface of the sides, the basement part, the veranda columns when building a large house. The most preferred colors are brown and white. They can be combined with plastered and painted walls.
the barbecue or fireplace in the house. Then panels are used from fiber cement, since there is direct fire.
- For finishing arbors, pavilions, homestead buildings.
For decorative purposes, you can use a different color panel. The plinth is executed in dark tones, and the rest is made in light colors.
Installation of the siding under the brick begins with the installation of the crate. It is more often made of metal profile, which simplifies the process of working with metal siding or fiber cement elements.
You also need to calculate the amount of material. To do this, you need to measure the length and height of the walls. It should be noted that the assembly requires the adjustment of the figure, so it is necessary to provide a stock of 10%.
Before installing the material on the outside of the house, you should read the instructions, which indicate the size of the necessary gaps between the individual elements. Stages of installation:
- The first panel is placed on the starting bar so that its angle does not have to go into the profile edge. Works are performed from left to right.
- After the panel is shifted to the right, the sealant layer is applied until it stops.
- Dock the panel with an angle.
- Fasten the panel with nails or self-tapping screws.
- The second panel is put into the profile and moves to the first element.
- Repeat the procedure for establishing panels to the end of the cap.
- Fixing the siding on the corner parts using a profile or a corner.
- Decoration of another wall.
The process ends with the fitting of the fitting profile, where it is necessary first to make holes in the size larger than the diameter of the fasteners. At the same time, make an attachment to the foundation and fill the edges of the panels. It is allowed to use a sealed compound for additional strengthening.
In the process, it is necessary to make a dock smoothly, without exerting excessive force. When fastening, you do not need to insert hardware into the mounting pins provided to protect against possible deformation changes.
Choosing panels of different production, you need to follow certain rules of material care:
- At the end of the installation, remove the outer film and wipe the surface with a dry cloth;
- Wash better with a damp cloth or a stream of water, directed from top to bottom.
- Metal siding for bricks is more often scratched, so after detecting damage, it is necessary to clean up, priming and painting the surface.
- Panels can be changed if surface restoration can not be performed.
Timely and high-quality care contributes to the long life of the facade.
Ground siding is one of the aesthetic materials for finishing houses. Different types of panels for brick make it possible to create unique decorative veneers of different colors and textures. Such facade material will reliably protect the walls of the house for many years.