It happens that after repairs or after the flower pots that we put on the windowsill, there are traces: from the rust, from the water that dries, from the dirt from the window ... And if the dust can be cleaned off quickly with an ordinary damp cloth, then in the fight With stale spots you need to apply more aggressive methods.
We will tell you about simple but very effective ways how and how to wash any plastic window sill from old spots and dirt. Let's start!
The most effective way
We believe that this option is really effective, and we will help you with 90% of stains and divorces. So, you will need:
- Baking soda
- 9% vinegar
- Cheap dishwashing detergent
- Warm water
- Clean rag
- 1. We soak the rag in water and do not squeeze it completely.
- 2. We wipe the window sill without effort, just moisturize it.
- 3. Next, straighten the cloth and abundantly water it with vinegar, and on top of it we add detergent.
- 4. We take soda and sprinkle a thin layer on the whole window sill.
- 5. We turn the cloth and start carefully wiping the surface with soda.
- 6. On the window sill foam is formed and we leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- 7. Next, rinse the cloth and wipe the surface until you remove all the foam. Done!
A similar method is shown on this video:
As the reviews of many housewives show, this way you can get rid of absolutely most of the spots, which is especially evident on the white windowsills made of plastic.
But there are several other ways that we would like to mention.
Modern household chemicals offer consumers a huge selection of cleaning products that can effectively cope with such pollution.
Pay attention to:
First of all we advise Domestos. Very strong and effective thing. Allows you to remove any old stains, yellowness and rust. We put it on a loofah, evenly distribute it, leave it for a quarter of an hour, after which we thoroughly rinse. All!
The versatile Mr. Proper. This is a known powder preparation. Apply it to a dampened sponge in water and begin to wipe thoroughly. "Mr." to fix with most of the spots. After, do not forget to clean the sill thoroughly with a clean damp cloth.
Sanita. It is the best option for kitchens, where in parallel with the dust should also remove and traces of fat. Be prepared that it has a strong and pungent smell.
Permolux. The cream is designed to remove small contaminants, but if it is already obsolete, you will have to repeat the procedure repeatedly.
Means for washing glasses, napkins for office equipment, laundry soap. Such household chemicals will effectively cope with minor pollution.
When choosing chemistry, pay attention to the corresponding label on the label, indicating the possibility of its use on plastic surfaces.
Remember, whatever means you choose, work on cleaning the window sill should be carried out in rubber gloves.
After treatment, the surface is rinsed several times with water.
People's money laundering window sill
Despite the diversity of household chemicals in the modern market, many housewives prefer folk remedies that carry the least possible threat to health.
To effectively clean various contaminants from the window sills, can be used:
- Chalk or tooth powder. The old "grandfather's" method. Dissolve them in a small amount of water and apply to the surface. You should wait until it is dry and wipe with a dry sponge. Soft abrasive substances do not scratch the windowsill.
- A mixture of baking soda and vinegar. Such a composition is used for aging stains. We pour a little soda on the contamination and wipe it with a napkin soaked in vinegar. Do not leave the mixture for long, because it can cause pigmentation of the window sill.
- Melamine sponge - this is a real miracle assistant of modern housewives, combining efficiency, lack of toxicity and ease of use.
They, Like an eraser remove dirt, not requiring additional use of cleaning products. Only water is enough.
Folk remedies in the struggle for the purity of window sills are not so effective in comparison with household chemicals, so more effort will be required to remove contaminants.
A window sill on which there are obsolete rust spots or traces of flower pots folk remedies are unlikely to be cleared.
Serious household chemicals will be required, in particular Cosmofen 10. It is ideal for removing any kind of contaminants.
The agent is quite toxic, therefore it is recommended to use an additional respirator.
After work is completed, ventilate the room thoroughly.
Limescale plaque remove the Cillit Bang spray.
The composition is sprayed onto the windowsill, evenly distributed with a sponge and leave for 10 minutes, after which we wash off thoroughly.
If you can not prevent the appearance primer stains, then to remove them you can use a mounting foam or alcohol, which allows to soften the stain, special scrapers or sponges with a hard pile.
SZOP tool will help remove not only the primer and rust, but also cement with gypsum
Remember: pollution is easier to prevent, because to get rid of them without effort is unlikely to succeed.
Under pots with flowers, put napkins or plates, securely close the window sill before repairing, and stains should be wiped off immediately as soon as you notice.