Thirteen square meters - is this a lot or not enough to accommodate a full-fledged kitchen? Owners of "Khrushchev" can say that such a kitchen - a real mansion, others and this area will seem little to implement all of their ideas.
But from the functional point of view, such a kitchen is considered quite spacious, allowing you to freely place all necessary cabinets, equipment and organize a full-fledged dining area.
Let's take a look at together how you can make a kitchen design area of 13 square meters as comfortable and practical as possible.
Layout - alpha and omega of a comfortable kitchen
A spacious area allows you to install furniture in any way - in the form of a letter P, an angle, in two rows or organize an island. The choice of layout is determined by the forms of the room.
The simplest option is a single-row layout. Today it's very fashionable to decorate the kitchen without the top cabinets, if the area of the room is large enough.
Advantages of this layout:
- No top modules directly make the kitchen more spacious, free.
- Ergonomics does not suffer, since the triangle "cooker-sink-fridge" is preserved, and the lower lockers are enough to place in them and products, and kitchen utensils, and utensils.
- This layout is suitable for decorating rooms in any style. Especially attractive is the location of furniture in the kitchen, combined with the living room or in the studio apartments.
How to make a wall with a single-row layout? Since most of the walls will be free and accessible for gazing, it is best to select the finishing materials, in accordance with the style of decoration. If you have a classic in the kitchen, then the walls can be sewn with wooden panels, put on decorative tiles or wallpaper.
Do not forget only about the kitchen apron, otherwise soon the wall in the working area will turn into an aesthetic place, "decorated" with splashes of grease and soot. This factor should also be taken into account when choosing a countertop.
Modern styles are less demanding for finishing.
For example, for a loft-style kitchen, you can leave the wall in its original form. If it is brickwork, it will emphasize the industrial idea of the style, if the concrete wall is enough to wash it off from the construction divorce and cover it with wax, such a wall looks just fine. Here are some cool photos that show how it can really look.
Having decided on the finish, do not forget about accessories. You can, of course, leave the walls completely empty, but the abundance of the free area "and asks for a dress". Yes, and the presence of decor will unite the whole room into a single whole.
So, if the kitchen is in a classical style, then the best option for decorating is wall sconces, imitated for antiquity, paintings in expensive wooden frames.
Kitchen in the style of country will allow to place on the liberated walls a collection of decorative plates, old pisanoks, landscapes with rural motifs.
Styles of hi-tech or minimalism can be emphasized by placing on the wall a photo collage, art deco "loves" bright posters.
- mosaic - a great way to make the wall accent;
- wall painting - an option for ethnic styles;
- 3D wall-papers - at once the sensation of open space and depth is added.
If you think that the lower modules will not be enough, and the "bare walls" do not look so cozy, you can find a compromise - hang shelves. Symmetrical shelves made from carved wood perfectly underline the classic interior design, shelves with wrought iron decor - a distinctive feature of modernism, and glass shelves will perfectly fit into any of the modern styles.
On the shelves, it is best to arrange beautiful dishes, chosen according to the style of the interior: vases, statuettes, a set of beautiful jars for spices or some ornaments from the category "hand maid".
Flora lovers can use the shelves to decorate the "green corner": carved pots with greens, beautiful pots and flowering plants perfectly get along with any style of the interior.
Double-row version is usually used in narrow kitchens. The stretched shape of the room forces you to place the furniture set on the sides.
Angular layout is also very popular. It is suitable for most premises and allows you to place more boxes and household appliances than a single-row version in the same area.
U-shaped layout allows you to fool around fantasies. Here you can use both the peninsula and the bar counter, as well as use kitchen drawers as a space separator for the kitchen area and dining room. Here, we have collected a whole collection of photo examples of such interiors.
C-shaped layout has another name - "peninsula". In the curved part of such a peninsula can accommodate a working surface, a cabinet with a built-in stove or sink, a small serving table or a bar counter. This layout helps to "zonirovat" space: visually separates the working area from the dining room.
The kitchen with the "island" is a G- or P-shaped kitchen, with an additional module in the center. Most often an "sink" or a stove is removed to the "island", but it is possible to adapt this space to a small cupboard for storing utensils and / or a table with a working surface.
Designers recommend island design for large areas, but, if desired, you can arrange a small functional island in a limited standard space.
The area is 13 sq.m. allows you not to limit yourself in choosing colors. If for small kitchens designers advise to choose light shades, then on 13 sq.m. you can safely use the brightest and rich colors.
The choice of color depends on how you want to see your kitchen: calm and relaxing, or dynamic, romantic or bright and spectacular.
Consider how the color affects our psyche, emotions and well-being, and also what rules should be followed when choosing a color.
- 1 The starting point in choosing a palette is the color of the furniture. If the furniture is bright, then the walls should be more neutral. Conversely, light furniture requires a bright design.
- 2 The main colors should be no more than 2-3, additional - no more than 3-eh. For example, as in these photos.
- 3 If the top and bottom modules of the kitchen set are different in color, then the top ones should be lighter.
- 4 The brighter and more saturated the main color, the more there must be light sources.
Color dictates the mood:
- Red - increases pressure and appetite. So, if you are on a diet, it is better to avoid red and its shades. Alternatively, muted shades of color can be used: alizarin, cardinal, cinnabar, amaranth, coral. It is combined with green, blue, black, white, yellow, silver and gold.
- Pink - gives a romantic mood, energizes and cheerful. "Cooperates" with brown, gray, white, turquoise. Look, for example, on the bottom photo.
- Yellow - a positive color, giving a good mood and cheerfulness, is the color of romantics and creative natures. It is great for decorating the kitchen located in the northern part of the house. It is combined with blue, blue, gray, black and purple. But keep in mind that the abundance of yellow glossy surfaces can lead to rapid fatigue and cause irritation.
- Green is the color of nature, the update, the most soothing of the entire palette.
Psychologists say that green helps to cope with stress and is ideal for people who have strong psychological and physical stress. Best of all, green feels like a pair of golden brown, beige, white, sky-blue.
- Indigo, blue - the choice of intellectuals and creative people. The kitchen turns out bright, dynamic. Indigo is well combined with subdued shades of red or yellow, and blue - with yellow, green, white and black.
- Purple. Want to fill the kitchen with romance, mystery and sensual luxury? Choose purple. And to him in a pair - white or black.
- Wenge - gives confidence in their abilities and disposes to a serene rest. One of the most comfortable colors in the palette. It is no accident that all the classical styles gravitate towards the brown scale. Perfectly blends with any colors.
- Black is the color of wealth, subtle elegance and luxury. Note that all expensive things often form in black: cars, equipment, clothes.
But for the kitchen, black color can be tricky: it immediately shows all the dirt, so get ready for frequent cleaning. And do not forget that black kitchen requires maximum illumination.
- White is a universal color associated with purity and harmony. But keep in mind that the abundance of white gloss can cause a feeling of discomfort and even a headache. White is better to dilute with bright accents, so that the interior is not too "sterile".
So, our article has come to an end. We tried to tell everything that we know and show all the relevant photos that were considered relevant. We hope that our tips will tell you fresh ideas for decorating your kitchen in 13 sq.m.