Urban residents often think about how good it would be to have your site and every year to receive fresh healthy vegetables from your garden, but then comes the next thought about the constant tedious care of the soil with shovels and choppers. There is a way out - cultivators for the garden have long appeared on the market, which can facilitate almost any work connected with the cultivation of the land.
Types of cultivators, identified by type of engine:
- Rechargeable. The most mobile option because of its autonomy, but not very powerful.
- Electric cultivator. Suitable for cleaning a small area, because it depends heavily on the length of the wire and the distance of the outlet.
- Petrol cultivator. It is best suited for a large amount of heavy work. Only this will help to justify spending on quality fuel. Has the highest power. Gasoline models require a strictly defined fuel, prescribed in the instructions. Often, the engine malfunctions due to the appearance of carbon deposits, so you need to carefully monitor this point.
- Diesel cultivator. It has the lowest fuel consumption. Very easy to care and maintain. Because of their large weight, they fit tightly to the ground. There are models with both water and air cooling. The diesel cultivator has a gearbox with three steps, that is two speeds for the forward stroke and one for the rear.
Types of cultivators by weight and power:
- Ultralight. They have a small processing width (up to 30 cm) and depth (up to 10 cm), but it weighs only 10-15 kg. Suitable for small works on the site, for example, for weeding between ridges or care for flower beds.
- Lightweight cultivators. Technical characteristics of the cultivator of this type: 40-50 cm width of processing, 10-15 cm depth, 40 kg - weight of the structure, not too light, which makes it less mobile than ultralight, but with a wider range of work.
- Medium. Capture the width to 90 cm, depth to 20. The weight of the device is approximately 70 kg. A reliable tool for the processing of a large garden in a suburban area in combination with other devices.
- Heavy. Producers position them as a professional technique for extensive farming.
- 1 Classification by drive type
- 2 Division by type of work item
- 3 How to choose the right device?
Classification by drive type
The hand cultivator is easy to operate and cheap. This is the best cultivator for working with beds on a small plot of land. However, with a large amount of work, the hand cultivator can not cope, as well as with hard clay soil.
You can also build a manual cultivator with your own hands. Homemade mini-cultivator for lawn care is a metal wheel with a diameter of 20 cm, which rests on a solid wooden axle. The end of the construction is a long handle so that you can process the ground without bending over. A hand cultivator for dacha can help out in many situations.
Also a good hand-cultivator is obtained from a tape of spring steel with a width of 20 mm, a length of 0.5 meters and 1.5 mm in thickness. To bend this tape it is necessary so that the similarity of a loop turned out, and to sharpen both edges by means of a file. At the end, the pen is attached, and the cultivator is ready with its own hands.
Quite a popular option for hand-making - a rotary cultivator. Make it a little more complicated, but the effect of the work will be better. It will help not only to loosen the soil, but also to overcome it, to equalize, to get rid of large clods of earth. The mechanism of the rotary disc cultivator includes the following elements:
- a pen;
- large and small staples.
The cultivator works by means of an electric motor. It is superior to a hand cultivator in terms of power and speed of tillage, which is why it is perfect for both garden maintenance and garden care. Which cultivator to choose depends first of all on the set goals. It should be noted that the wire greatly reduces the range of the device.
Division by type of work item
Soil-cultivating mechanisms are equipped with plowshares, a milling cutter, disc coulters or lancet paws. Sometimes they are supplemented effectively by grass-removing knives with their own drive. Also, the models are divided according to the way of processing the land.
It is best suited for the deep destruction of weeds without damage to other plants. It is reliable for presowing cultivation of the earth and its loosening before the shoots. Special shields protect cultural plants from flooding with earth, and it is possible to regulate the immersion of teeth in the soil.
One of the most popular options for preseeding works. Such cultivators for continuous tillage are capable of effectively weeding and thinning beds.
It is designed for processing plantings of maize, sugar beet, sunflower. Simultaneously, it removes weeds and keeps moisture in the ground.
Paws for devices are also different, but lancets are most preferable. They are V-shaped wings and a chest with a shank that connect to the rear of the wings. Due to the bending of the chest with a displaced center, the lancet paw is quite reliable in use.
Separately, we should talk about such a device, as a hinged cultivator. It consists of a frame in the form of three iron beams, equipped with two carrying wheels and various working tools, which can be quite a lot - up to 9. The hinged cultivator is characterized by a detail called a hitch, with which you can change the tools to those that are needed in this moment.
When choosing these devices, it is possible to produce practically any kind of work on the site. The two main tools an hitch cultivator can operate with is:
- hillers, allowing to cr
eate furrows between rows of landings;
- paws for loosening are cutting elements that allow us to remove weeds and simultaneously loosen the soil.
The mounted cultivator is suitable for use where there is no electricity nearby. At the same time it is quite productive - on average it can process an hour to 6 hectares of land. The mounted cultivator is intended for attachment to a tractor or other agricultural transport. As soon as its paws come to an inclined position, the hinged cultivator begins loosening the ground.
Garden hinged cultivator has the main wheels, which, turning, cut off weeds, after which the remaining ground on the paw falls down and falls apart. So weeding and loosening are done. If there is a tractor on the farm, the device can replace several others, including a diesel cultivator or a battery cultivator.
How to choose the right device?
Rating of the best brands that produce garden equipment:
Engaged in the production of semi-professional mechanical garden equipment with an average capacity. It is equipped with SUBARU gasoline engines, but there is also a model with an electric motor.
The company since 1973 produces various types of gasoline and electrical equipment, including those intended for working in enclosed spaces. On the shelves of Russian stores, the brand appeared in 1999.
The main characteristic of the cultivator of this company is the excellent build quality and the durability of the component parts. Engines for technology are supplied by major manufacturers with world names - HONDA, ROBIN SUBARU. Each manufactured device is guaranteed to withstand 2,000 hours of operation without breakage.
Plant named after Degtyarev (RF)
The factory is located in the city of Kovrov and has been manufacturing garden equipment "Master" for several years already. The main advantages of their products are the availability of parts and the ease of assembly. However, the weeder cultivator of this company is not suitable for working with virgin land. Start the unit with a manual starter.
A survey of garden equipment manufacturers would be incomplete without this famous firm. It produces three series of motor cultivators for work in medium or small areas. Asking the question, how to choose a cultivator for a dacha, it is necessary to remember that each of these series is divided into several branches - for amateurs and professionals.
Cultivators from Husqvarna can loosen the earth to a depth of 28 centimeters, even if it is virgin soil. The width of the treatment is up to 0,6 m, depending on how many soil mills are installed.
The top-selling cultivators include joint Russian-Chinese development. This is a good build quality combined with a pleasant price, much lower than the European counterparts. The units are suitable for performing a full cycle of work on the plot.
One of the most popular brands for farmers all over the world. Has a low noise level and low transmission, which makes working with this technique simple and convenient, and its engines consume a minimal amount of gasoline.
The decision whether to make a cultivator with their own hands or buy it in a store depends primarily on the final needs of the user. Factors here are very many - scope and scope of work, economy, personal preferences. Someone likes mini-cultivators for dacha, and someone will prefer a massive and reliable diesel cultivator. The pre-sowing cultivator, which makes it possible to prepare beds for planting plants, is also in great demand. As can be seen, for the owner of a small plot or the owner of a large farm, the garden technique can be equally useful.