With the current variety of wallpaper, selecting the most suitable model is not an easy task.
The pattern and color of the wallpaper can dramatically change the visual perception of space, especially in a small room.
Here are some practical tips that will help you decide on the choice of modern wallpaper for a small kitchen:
- 1. Traditionally it is believed that The smaller the room, the more light shades should be. In other words, do not consider dark colors, even if you like them very much.
An exception to this rule is the use of dark patterns on a light background, as shown in the following photos.
But, do not try to make a miniature kitchen in a sterile white color.
First, in such a kitchen is not comfortable and uncomfortable to be. And, secondly, for a small kitchen, this is not very practical and fraught with constant cleaning.
- 2. The smaller the kitchen, the smaller and more invisible the drawing should be.
Do not go wrong if you bet on wallpaper pastel tones with small pattern. Try to avoid large ornaments or strips (especially vertical ones).
Modern wallpaper can be found on absolutely any taste, so try to view the maximum number of models and be sure to find the most suitable figure. Fortunately, today their range is extremely wide, especially when it comes to large cities.
- 3. In some projects it is possible to meet the application large and bright art object.
You can choose wallpapers with a large image, but they only need to be glued with an accent wall. Most interior designers still recommend not using this move in a small room.
- 4. Particular attention should be paid to striped wallpaper - horizontal stripes will make the kitchen wider, but lower. Vertical - higher, but already.
To use only the "pluses" of strips, you can cover not the entire wall, but only the upper part, decorating the bottom of the wall with a border and paint.
A good option would also be to make one accent wall. These photos show a couple of examples of successful application of striped models.
- 5. Narrow kitchen you can add volume if long walls are pasted with dark wallpaper, and the end - light. This approach is a novelty for domestic kitchen interiors and looks very modern.
- 6. Avoid using different textures that "do not fit" each other. I mean combination of texture and wallpaper material with a kitchen set. So, if your furniture is glossy, then it's better and the wallpaper should be smooth and not very bright.
- 7. When choosing wallpaper, it is recommended to evaluate their appearance having developed a roll on some meters. This approach will help you see a broader "picture" of a particular model.
It will not be superfluous spread out a few rolls, to match different drawings and colors.
The company's wallpaper manufacturers' catalogs, as a rule, contain dozens of examples of interiors where their models were used.
It is necessary to look at such examples, maybe there you will find a suitable project for you or a modern idea.
As you can see, the multicolored asymmetric strip has a positive effect on the visual perception of a small room. To that, it looks very modern.
What kind of wallpaper for the kitchen is now in fashion
It's no secret that the design of interiors is a whole industry that does not stand still.
Every year, global manufacturers are pleased with new models, color solutions, textures and materials.
let's consider the most expressive and practical trends in the sphere of wallpaper for the kitchen.
- +It is very fashionable in 2017 to decorate the walls with wallpaper imitation of decorative plates. It looks original, modern and very suitable for styling kitchen.
- +The trend continues bright and rich colors. If you decorate your kitchen in a modern style, then they can become a real decoration of the interior.
- +Also fashionable in 2017 are all kinds of Wall stickers.
Their assortment expands from year to year, new patterns and palettes appear. Such stickers and posters are increasingly found in fashionable urban kitchens.
- +Ethnic motives perfectly fit into any style. Add ethno easily, if you choose wallpaper, for example, with Japanese / Chinese characters, images of cherry blossoms or ethnic ornaments.
- +Remains popular natural subjects: charming trees, bright flowers, juicy fruits and vegetables.
- +Another chip - wallpaper with 3D (three-dimensional) image. Such models are best used for the wall on which the main accent will be placed: for example, in the dining area.
- +In continuation of fashionable now themes imitation of natural materials, it is worth paying attention to the wallpaper with a picture that mimics the natural wood, brickwork, concrete wall, stone, leather, even textiles.
- + Vintage also deserve special attention. They, as a rule, do not shine with an abundant color scale, but, at the same time, they have an original drawing or texture.
Talking about wallpaper for any small kitchen, we can not help mentioning washable options.
Many for some reason believe that they look shabby, cheap and have a narrow range. We hasten to assure you that today their model range is quite wide.
A charming blue color is now in fashion in many countries. It is perfectly combined with white furniture, light wood species and decor elements of yellow, dark blue and brown colors.
These wallpapers are more in beige tones, which can often be found in our kitchens. In fact, this is a universal color scheme, which can be suitable for a wide variety of interiors both in the apartment and in the house.
As before, among the washable wallpaper, models with a brick relief and various patterns remain popular. For example, textures with flowers, fruits, abstract elements, etc. will fit well into the kitchen interior.
In general, as you may have noticed, now a very large fashion for bright and rich colors.
Especially large turnover this trend is gaining in the countries of the former USSR. In place of dull, monotonous and boring wallpaper bright colors, modern patterns and drawings come.
As you can see from the presented material and photos, for choosing wallpaper for a small kitchen there are several unconditional rules and recommendations.
The visually enlarging wallpaper with panoramic images - tunnels, paths, roads, rivers, distant streets or endless sea, is perfect for a very tiny kitchen (for example, an area of 4 sq.m.).
Also visually increase the small wall room with a glossy texture or pearly ornaments. By the way, the patterned wallpaper has again returned to fashion and comes literally to every style: classic, provence, fusion, country, high-tech, art deco, retro, etc.
Actual in the modern interior and rich colors - purple, green, canary, carrot, etc. Brightness can flash and kitchen facades, and appliances, and dishes, and small items of decor. In support of all this - a selection of colorful and real photos.
Choose the color of wallpaper
First of all, be guided by the already available interior items - furniture, kitchen sets, appliances, as well as the coloring of the floor and ceiling.
Now discard the colors that definitely do not fit with most objects. It is important to listen to the very first impression.
The next step is trying on different colors, acting as a jury. Yes, it really makes sense to put an appraisal and, or at least somehow, mark the colors that fall into the first 5-ku, so as not to get confused.
What colors do you prefer in clothes? Do you want to surround yourself with them in the interior? Maybe, all the same, it is necessary to create a contrast between the house and everyday life.
The location of your kitchen is another clue. If the windows are facing south, for wallpaper, it is better to choose a cool color scheme. Moreover, some designers believe that a warm color scheme makes the room less spacious. So try to find the best option.
A good solution for kitchens with low ceiling will be wallpaper under the color of the ceiling - so you will make the room more voluminous and, as it were, expand the walls.
The choice of wallpaper color for the kitchen is the prerogative of the person who spends the most time in it. So, if it's not you, in this matter you have a chief advisor.
Monochrome, with ornament or image?
Univalent, no doubt, look great, but may not be quite practical due to the specifics of the room. You can apply for a shade you liked to apply a small or variegated print. Large images are not considered the best option for a small kitchen. But why not, if they are barely noticeable.
Perhaps you have your own sketches or drawings that you can transfer to the wallpaper? Thus you are guaranteed to achieve an extraordinary and unique interior.
Let's talk about the popular in 2017 wallpaper ideas for a small kitchen, which, so to speak, in the trend:
- image of coffee and everything that is associated with it.
- fruits, vegetables, fresh and smoothies, too, tone up with one of their kind;
- floral print with floral pattern;
- vintage wallpaper, filled with dozens of decorative details. Cage, lines, peas or flowers - all this again returns to the arena of fashion;
- fascinating, even hypnotizing prints with a small repeating pattern.
What to look for before buying
When choosing a wallpaper, remember that ideally they should be:
- moisture resistant, which goes without saying in the kitchen;
- vapor-permeable so that the walls dry faster, and the air can circulate freely;
- strong and resilient to withstand mechanical damage and enhanced cleaning;
- resistant to direct sunlight - otherwise they can quickly lose their original appearance, and most importantly, the coloring;
- with the possibility of repeated repainting, which is also very useful.
Most likely, you will not find wallpaper matching all these items, so choose the most important indicators for you.
Following our advice, as well as modern trends in design, you can easily create an atmosphere of warmth and comfort in your small kitchen.