The use of various handmade techniques in design has long surprised no one - patchwork, scrapbooking, quilling ... All of them are actively used by professionals and those who want to decorate their house or apartment.
The decoration of the kitchen in the style of decoupage has its own nuances, so we will detail its features, with specific recommendations and visual photos.
First of all, it is necessary to understand the key question: what is it? In fact, decoupage is the decoration of various objects by drawings, painting, mosaics with subsequent varnish coating.
He pursues two goals at once: decorate the chosen furniture or accessory and ensure the safety of the coating.
There are several types of decoupage that are used in the interior. They differ in stylistics, and in color. Let's consider them in more detail:
- Simple City - it's the style of a big city. This technique is deliberately emphasized, the paper uses a variety of papers, including newspapers and unusual wrappers. Characterized by tattered edges, overlapping layers on each other and some deliberate negligence - it's all very easy to make by yourself.
- A special technique is also used for the popular shine-chic. Here it is necessary to work on creation of effect of "former luxury". Aging techniques are used to create a semblance of antiques.
- For elegant Provence, light, airy tones and landscape motifs are characteristic. Try to create an imitation of faded colors in the sun - this is even welcomed.
- The Victorian style combines pretentiousness and restrained classics. Apply gilding, dark tones, scenes from classic canvases. In implementation, it is the most complex, since it does not allow blots and requires an ideal structure of paints and decor.
Believe me, picking the right option is easy for any interior. Let's see how it is used in practice.
Agree, the kitchen in the technique of decoupage looks cozy, beautiful and strongly domestically room. It can be applied practically on any plane - but the technique is slightly different. We propose to consider the following points:
- The floor needs to be prepared. Easier if you have a laminate or linoleum - they are already flat. But the wood, parquet, must first be sanded. In addition, you will need to cover the surface with a paint tape. And then comes time for creativity - paints, balonchiki for graffiti, paper and decor for gift wrapping. Be sure to cover the result with two layers of lasting varnish, otherwise the repair will not last long.
- For the walls are now sold wallpaper, imitating decoupage. But the sense in them is not enough - to achieve the same appearance, only original and created especially for you is extremely simple. Combine different materials, look for a beautiful color combination.
- Effectively look different photos and small pictures, placed in a chaotic manner. In fact, there are no restrictions in the choice of technology, the main thing is that the result suits.
- Stylish looks decoupage ceiling. Use newspapers, books, napkins. Very bright looks with the use of color magazines - though, if you do not mind the abundance of shades. Most likely, different templates or stencils are useful - if you want to make an ornament or a complex pattern.
- By the way: In the kitchen-living room you can apply this technique for zoning. To do this, make two similar in style, but different patterns, or be limited to decorating a certain part of the room.
- On the tile decoupage also looks great. How do you like this idea of a painted apron?
Idea: Fashionable modern reception - decoupage with cloth. Try to create an imitation rug or fully textile floor - non-standard and original.
All this decorates the kitchen, but if you really need a cozy and unconventional design in an apartment or in a private house, think about decoupage of kitchen appliances and furniture.
We decorate the situation
Even if you do not have the time, energy or money for a full-scale repair, you can update the interior - decoupling is the ideal option for this.
Conventional wooden chairs turn into a designer exclusive, you just need to pick up a beautiful image and carefully transfer it to the seat. In this case, no special costs are required: glue, paper, lacquer. Agree, nothing complicated.
Decoupage is especially suitable for kitchen in the style of Provence: floral motifs, small landscapes, soft pastel shades. All this looks very gentle and stylish.
If you plan to decorate the back, the list of materials will expand: use old curtains and curtains. And this is not speaking about paper, napkins and just paints. Unusual and fashionable reception. The main thing that the fabric was "with a twist": lace, original patterns, batik.
Well in this technique look the facades of pendant lockers and the headset.
Designer Council: If you do not want to decorate all the same drawings, try to make a few story-pictures, which continue to be meaningful. This will require some effort, but the result is definitely worth it.
By the way, when choosing a pattern for decoupage, remember the scale: on small kitchens it is better to use small and thin ornaments, and large elements will fit into spacious ones.
Do not ignore the home appliances. Of course, decorating the hob in this way is not a good idea. But the oven door, refrigerator, microwave - quite. Moreover, these are flat surfaces that do not require preliminary treatment - except degreasing.
Lay the mosaic out of pieces of fabric or make a complex drawing on the entire plane. Alternatively, you can make a thin border around the edge of the device. It looks very stylish and natural.
Decorated in this manner, the countertop is also a good move. The only thing that you need to choose the right heat-resistant varnish, otherwise the coating will be damaged because of the supplied hot plate or pan.
Do not forget about the little things - we'll talk about them separately.
We decorate the decor
It seemed, why add to decorate all kinds of accessories? But they help create a general atmosphere. Various small items for decoupage - an ideal choice. In addition, the technology is so light that even children can cope with it.
Pans and pans are best not to touch - unless you are going to just put them on the shelf and admire. But all sorts of saltcellars, chopping boards and decanters are what you need!
If it is a question of utensils, take responsibly to the coating - you need a non-toxic lacquer.
Several identical objects, painted with similar patterns based on motives, look more profitable than duplicating the same picture - for example, hooks for towels or a set of glasses.
In principle, decorating this way, you can almost everything - including watches and even cutlery. True, the latter require painstaking work, especially if you plan to decorate the entire set of forks and spoons.
By the way: Of the obsolete cutlery, you will get a wonderful suspension in the technique of decoupage.
As you can see, the method is not complex, but beautiful. Its remarkable feature is the ability to decorate almost any element of the interior. Given the low price and available materials, most of which are always at hand - it's a great way to decorate the kitchen yourself.