We continue to review the design options for kitchen facilities in a rustic or rustic style.
Today we have a queue for a country kitchen, whose interiors, as will be seen in the photo, contain features of other more eminent styles and has no strict rules for design.
With the naked eye you can see that country style has much in common with English, Mediterranean or Provence style.
This style is best suited if you decide to decorate the kitchen in a country style with rustic notes, and at the same time want to have freedom in choosing the elements of the interior.
Nevertheless, we we recommend adhering to certain non-strict guidelines when decorating the kitchen in the style of a country:
- Welcome simple design furniture, natural or artificially aged.
- The color gamut is predominantly pastel, slightly burnt out tones, but not boring.
- Free use wood finishes, stone, brick or tile.
- Open shelves for kitchen utensils or decorative objects.
- Many accessories of rural motifs - preservation, dishes, vegetable bundles etc.
- Harmoniously fit vintage items or "under the old days".
- The minimal use of elements from modern materials - plastic, glass, glossy metals is allowed.
- In this style, design goes to the background - the main practicality, sincerity and comfort.
In the country style, you should avoid the bright colors of the facades of furniture and walls. Pastels are considered to be the defining atmosphere, which are enhanced with the help of textiles and accessories of more saturated tones. So, a few generalized theses:
- Color Headset - any pastel colors that you like; The natural texture of a tree of any shade and breed, covered with a matte, and less often glossy varnish.
- Walls form in light colors - white, sand, the color of melted milk, light shades of olive, blue, yellow, gray.
- Floor - preferably a wooden covering, a laminate or a tile of light tones.
- Additional color accents are arranged thanks to the use of various elements of textiles and decor of brighter colors. This will be written further.
Examples of a combination of colors in the interior of the kitchen in the country style are clearly visible in the photos below.
To decorate the walls, especially on a small kitchen in the country style, should be approached thoughtfully and creatively. There are several options worth considering:
Painting. Initially, it is necessary to prepare a perfectly flat surface, otherwise any defects will be clearly visible on the finished wall. Selecting a color solution, give preference to warm pastel shades: cream, beige, light brown. Excellent will look olive and green, as close to the natural tone. As a very relevant alternative, you can use white and light gray paint.
Decorative plaster. With its help on the wall should create a texture that indicates the simplicity, laconicism and old-fashioned design. It should appear that the owners themselves, not quite skillfully decorated the surface.
Tile. It can be used not only to decorate the working apron. If desired, in the lower part of the wall you can lay out some kind of panels. For these purposes, suitable for both ceramic and metlakh tiles.
Wallpaper. As far as the kitchen is concerned, be sure to pay attention to the quality of the selected coating. It should be resistant to temperature changes, high humidity, and easy maintenance. Wickly proved to be non-woven and vinyl wallpaper. As a picture, a cage, a vertical or horizontal strip, a small flower or national ornaments is suitable.
Wooden panels. On their basis you can easily recreate rural life, endowed with comfort, home warmth and comfort.
Brick. It looks natural and distinctive, but be prepared for the fact that the kitchen, completely lined with brick, will seem too tight. This clutch is better to combine with painting or wood.
Look how stylish and effective in these pictures look designer kitchens in the style of country. It is easy to see that in every interior there is a tree: lacquered, painted, untreated. It fits perfectly into this direction, emphasizes its originality and uniqueness.
Of course, this rustic style is better suited for spacious country houses than for urban small apartments. But, if you use individual elements, you can recreate the atmosphere of country and in a small kitchen.
Wooden boards, natural stone, ceramic tiles - these are materials that can be used to arrange the floor in the kitchen, designed in a given style.
If you do not have the financial means to purchase a natural mass of wood, you can replace it with cheaper analogues: a parquet board, a laminate and even linoleum.
Today it is easy to find models that are very similar to natural materials. In particular, linoleum "under the tree" is a fairly common and popular product.
Give preference to modern high-quality coatings of high strength and durability classes. They have the most presentable appearance and will last you long enough.
An acceptable analogue of natural stone is porcelain stoneware. This is also a fairly common product, presented in a wide range in any construction hypermarket.
It will not be difficult to find a suitable tile. The color decision should be as natural as possible, and the texture or pattern should be approximated to the traditional ones.
For kitchens combined with a dining room or living room, it is better to use combinations of materials: tile or stone in the work area and wood in the dining area or hall.
Additional comfort and coziness in the interior will bring patchwork, knitted, wicker and other homemade rugs.
Several options are available for ceiling design:
- Whitewash. In the rustic style, this method of decoration will look perfect. Before whitewashing, the plane can even not be leveled especially. Country - this is the design direction in which a rough, slightly cracked and textured surface will look as plausible as possible.
- Stretched ceiling. This is a practical modern solution, characterized by reliability, durability and practicality (with proper handling). Choose exclusively matt canvases. Gloss here will be inappropriate.
- Tree. With this design of the ceiling, you are guaranteed to turn a city apartment into a cozy rural house. Dark shades of material should be used in high rooms, while for sufficiently low rooms it is better to pick something light. Available materially, the material is a lining.
Choosing the optimal solution and materials for country style repair, pay attention to the numerous photos. This is just a fount of ideas for those who want to create a cozy and comfortable place in a modern city apartment.
Consider in more detail some requirements for furniture, which is the best way for a country style:
- Material - wood (recommended) or dyed MDF.
- Attributes are welcome attrition, patina etc.
- Facades in the vast majority are made with panels, sometimes with elements of imitation woodcarving.
- The fittings are not glossy, preferably metal with porcelain or ceramic inserts.
- The shape and size of the dining table should be chosen based on the general interior of the room. If the kitchen is small, we recommend choosing a sliding table in case of arrival of guests or family gathering.
- Chairs preferably choose from wood, light contours, with slits in the back. Massive and extra-heavy chairs in such an interior will be out of place.
- There are no strict requirements for the design of home appliances, but we recommend that you hide it behind the facades.
- Worktop choose not dark colors from artificial stone or MDF.
- Spread out an apron of small size tiles. The apron of glass or plastic in such an interior is unlikely to fit.
We select textiles
Textiles play no less important role than a set.
Due to it, the kitchen turns from an "inanimate" room with furniture into a cozy abode of culinary miracles, the territory of the real mistress. Some recommendations on textiles:
- Material - Cotton, linen, hemp. No film and polyethylene;
- Curtains in the kitchen in the style of country - choose bright cheerful colors without any brilliant and pretentious elements. The preferred pattern is a cage, a strip, flowers or floral patterns;
- Tablecloths, napkins, towels, aprons - from just white to bright and saturated colors in a variety of patterns and ornaments. Again, the strip and cage will be appropriate;
- Textile seats in the outfits and chair covers.
Create a cosiness
The latest accents are placed at the expense of additional accessories, without which it is impossible to imagine any country kitchen.
On open shelves We arrange beautiful porcelain or ceramic plates, saucers, vases, clay or wooden statues, photo frames, books with recipes. In addition, you can put on the jam or canned vegetables in jars with stickers and rag covers on the lids, various vessels for storing cereals, sugar, a bunch of onions, etc.
Do not hesitate to plant the kitchen - perennial Natural flowers in clay or metal pots and pots. You can also put them in enameled jugs, bottles of colored glass.
A nice addition to the rustic atmosphere is the decor with images of poultry: chicken, ducks, turkeys and geese.
Real country houses could never boast of large bright windows, so the lack of natural light should be supplemented with artificial light.
Separate lighting devices should be placed above the furniture set, as well as over the dining table. For the first fit built-in spotlights, and for the second - a full-fledged chandelier.
In order to focus on beautiful dishes and decor items displayed on open shelves, activate the LED strip.
To create a cozy and slightly romantic atmosphere, you can install additional sconces in the dining area.
Such devices are best placed just below the head of the person sitting at the table, so that the outgoing light does not blind the eyes. Give preference to models whose plafonds are made of frosted glass.
For kitchens combined with the living room, floor lamps with fabric lampshades are ideal.
The choice of the central chandelier depends on the size of the room and the height of the ceilings. For spacious rooms, models simulating candelabra with burning candles will be an excellent solution.
For small kitchens, choose pendant lights in the form of a street lamp and other devices with the design "antique".
Give preference to the lamps of warm glow. They will give the surrounding space additional comfort. Under their influence, the food will look more appetizing.
Now you are familiar with how you can decorate the interior of your kitchen in country style. Such a kitchen will only get better from year to year, because old age and age add to it the village authenticity and color. In a similar interior, you can constantly make some notes and additions, filling the kitchen as you want.