The traditional door block in sight (platbands, slats) lacks visual ease, and the flush-mounted doors are elegant, laconic, consistent with the principle of minimalism.
Many hundreds of years ago, similar designs have already been used to create secret passages. Today, other important goals are pursued:
- creation of original design solutions;
- creating the illusion of expanding space;
- Practicality in equipping auxiliary rooms.
With the flush-mounted design, the room acquires a stylish, original appearance. The door leaf merges with the wall, the inconspicuous arrangement of the loops does not give it away. The room is visually enlarged due to lack of platbands. With the correct mounting of the structure are almost invisible against the background of the walls surrounding them.
Creating a design effect of the invisibility of the door is facilitated by special designs of the hinges (they are hidden in the box) and identical to the surrounding walls door decoration (in texture, color).
Doors have the effect of invisibility because of the hidden box. They are distinguished by the following features:
- performance characteristics of high quality;
- diverse style solutions;
- visual expansion of space;
- different ways of decorating in the style of the interior.
Hide the design allows the installation of the cloth on the hidden hinges, special mounting of the frame in the opening.
Doors with a hidden effect are different:
- Ready-to-use designs. However, often the set with factory finishing guess the boundary of the installation.
- With the need for finishing. They are only primed. If desired, they can later be painted, decorated with plaster or wallpapered on request.
Like any product, such doors have characteristics with a plus sign and a minus sign, with the former much more:
- imperceptibility, merging with a wall;
- saving space, provided by the absence of clypeus, the possibility of installation in more narrow places;
- ease of use in non-standard openings (under the stairs, in places with sloping ceiling, in the attic);
- expansion of the light opening;
- the possibility of non-standard dimensions and shape (the configuration is not only rectangular);
- multifaceted options for finishing, up to the location on it of the picture;
- reliability, strength, durability of the structure;
- convenience and ease of installation.
- Visibility of some models of interior doors on the reverse side. Although the latest design developments use a door that is invisible from both sides.
- The need for early installation. All provide, prepare the walls is necessary in the initial stages, so the type and size of the structure should be determined before repair.
- Relative cost. Both the price and the cost of installation are higher than in the case of the traditional door (the most expensive are considered the doorway).
Methods of operation
There are principles of internal and external opening (pushing or plowing to yourself). There are sliding doors. In some systems, opening occurs, for example, when touching in a certain area with a slight push. The concealed handle can be represented by a vertical cut.
Elements of interior doors
A canvas treated with a white primer. The following actions are performed with it:
- painting in the style of the wall;
- masking behind ceramic tiles;
- artistic selection on a general background.
A special box that provides the location of the door leaf in the same plane with the wall. Finishing the wall completely hides it. Hinges that are not visible in different positions of the doors (closed, open). Some options can be opened 180 degrees.
All these elements contribute to disguise.
Invisible doors for painting
The most common and attractive in quality and price are just such doors. They can not always be noticed. Ways to achieve this effect:
- installation without clypeus with plaster after installation;
- use of hidden loops;
- fabrication of a web of special material;
- the possibility of installing hidden pens.
Such doors do not just share space, but also update the interior design.
Variety of models
There are constructions for painting, invisible from one or both sides. In one-sided designs, the canvas is thinner. By the way of opening are allocated:
- swinging models;
- saving the area of the doorway (expensive option).
The set of structures for painting includes:
- hidden aluminum box;
- white seal;
- hidden hinges (in closed form);
- a grid for providing plastering;
- canvas (which can be painted, putty, wallpapered);
- special accessories;
- mechanisms for movement.
The kit may include a magnetic lock.
Designer secrets for the design of the "invisible"
- To create a positive aesthetic impression, designers' advice is important.
- The texture and color solution must match the wall variant.
- There is an opportunity to decorate the door and the wall with decorative panels.
- For painting it is convenient to mask the doors using rectangular panels.
- The cardinal difference between the two sides of the canvas is applied depending on the difference in the interior of adjacent rooms.
- A special design approach is the perfect opposite of the door finishing to the wall material.
Installation of flush-mounted doors
With the correct mounting of the structure and the professionalism of the installer, none of the elements should protrude. For doors, quality material is important, selection of shades. You will need: falshorkob, gypsum board, aluminum box, mounting foam, fastening screws, putty.
Sequence of technological processes
The installation of flush-mounted doors takes place in several stages.
- Preparation. The processing of the opening for the door, the quality removal of irregularities, defects. Plaster, putty should not reach the opening by 5 cm. The dimensions of the opening must correspond to the model. Ensures the evenness, verticality of the wall (it should not be thinner than 80 mm). Calculate the clearance between the finishing floor and the liner (4 mm).
- Installation of a box with exact observance of parameters. For installation use screws, bushings or anchors. The mounting seam is filled with polyurethane foam. Further, the strip is lined with plasterboard and the application of putty.
- Regulation of the installation of samples, ensuring the concealment of all cracks. Cover the door leaf with soil.
- Implementation of finishing.
The installation is not time-consuming, almost dust-free. All the holes are factory.
The monotony of the doors remains in the past. The operation of flush-mounted doors is a relatively new design trend in interior design. The actual installation of doors of this type in spaces of small area, disproportionate. The process is not very expensive and time consuming. The result improves everyday life, pleases the eye and promotes positive emotions.