The value of the table in the housing environment is difficult to overestimate. Everyone will agree that this is an integral subject for creating interiors of the office, dining room, kitchen, living room. But the appearance, size, shape is already selected individually.
Modern dining or coffee tables do not need additional accessories - tablecloths. Although for some design styles the tablecloth is a desirable detail of the interior.
A glossy table can be considered a self-sufficient piece of furniture. And not the least role in this is the table top. After all, it is an interesting color that makes the surface of a coffee table an ornament, and a high-quality coating does not require special protection. The base and top layer of the table top are made of different materials.
Gloss is the effect of reflecting light from a surface. The more light reflected, the higher the rate. A surface reflecting more than 90% of the light is called high-gloss. Furniture manufacturers are aiming for 95-98%. And for this, different materials and techniques are used.
Shine of technology: brief descriptions of materials, advantages and disadvantages
Demand for a situation with glossy surfaces is constantly growing, which is not surprising. After all, written or coffee tables with gloss visually add space and light to the room. Let's consider, whether all reflecting and smooth surfaces are identical.
Acrylic plastic is used to decorate MDF / chipboard. Glossy layer in this case is glued only to the front side of the table, and the ends are closed by the edge. Through the cracks in the joints, moisture can get on the base, which will lead to spoilage of furniture. Therefore, some models use an aluminum profile.
Advantages: resistance of the plastic to scratches, bumps, chips. The surface does not lose its luster over time and is restored when polished.
Disadvantages: a small color scale, you can not use detergents with abrasive additives, gloss of a low index.
Surface covered with enamel
The surface covered with enamel (varnish) has a high reflectance index. Moisture resistant MDF boards are also used for the substrate. Stages of production of countertops: the surface is primed, covered with enamel (varnish). After drying, do polishing, polishing. The processes are repeated several times. The final stage is coating the product with wax. Due to the peculiarities of technologies, not only the front surface of the product is processed, but also the sides, which increases the wear resistance and strength. As a result of numerous stages of production, high-quality furniture is created.
Advantages: possible defects of the surface are removed by finishing polishing and polishing. Tables are obtained ecologically safe and perfectly tolerate changes in humidity, temperatures. Complex technological processes allow to receive furniture of various shades with high gloss.
Disadvantages: high price, there are traces of touching hands, it is forbidden to use cleaning compounds with aggressive additives.
If the choice of coverage is difficult to determine, you can ask for help from specialists who will take into account the wishes, financial possibilities and prompt the best option.
Removing Pollution from the Surface: Ways and Rules
The main thing when cleaning furniture - do not damage the gloss, that is, try to avoid the appearance of scratches or stains, so it is better to follow the following recommendations:
- current care - wipe with a damp cloth and then polish with a dry soft cloth (so that no stains appear);
- spilled wine, coffee, tea, you can simply get wet with napkins. Then the dining table is wiped with a damp cloth and finally wiped dry;
- persistent dirt, stains are washed with liquid / gel-like detergents that do not contain abrasives. If the dirt is dried, the soap solution is left for a while, so that the product is absorbed into the stain. After a few minutes it is wiped off with a wet cloth. If the table has not been cleaned once, then it is desirable to repeat the procedure;
- Drops of wax / paraffin are removed with a plastic / wooden spatula (effortless). Alternatively, you can cover the stain with a paper napkin, direct a hot air jet from a hair dryer to the area of the stain and blot the paper that has melted wax;
- Pollution from paints, varnishes (on solvents) are removed with solvents, which are selected according to the recommendations of the manufacturers of the formulations. Divorces are wiped off with napkins moistened with water;
- Drops of glue are removed until the moment of hardening. Stains are washed with a solvent recommended by the glue manufacturer. Traces are removed with wet wipes.
In order not to spoil the surface of the dining table, it is advisable to experiment with the means for stressing the contamination first in its small area.
A range of tables
Practical purpose of products is great: dining, writing desks for classrooms or journal (decorative). When choosing a model, it is necessary to take into account the area of the room, its stylistic design.
Dining tables are mainly on four legs (hollow metal or made of solid wood). On average, the length of a rectangular tabletop is up to 180 cm. There are freely placed cutlery for a meal of 4-6 people. As a rule, these products are equipped with modern apartments.
If the room is medium / small, it is preferable to purchase a model with a round / oval table top (on one leg). Glossy surfaces visually add space, which is important for small rooms.
The advantage of glossy products is the ability to pick up a thing for any style of interior. Modern design projects will decorate rectangular and square models with bright plastic surfaces. Classics perfectly complement products with rounded with lacquered worktops.
To facilitate the care of the surface of the dining table, it is recommended to use individual napkins / cutlery racks.
The variety of modern desks with gloss is impressive. The market offers models with table tops and supports of different shapes and sizes.
The furnishings of a separate cabinet will perfectly complement the classic one- or two-tumbled desk with drawers. This model is also suitable for equipping the student's work area.
In small-sized apartments, the workplace can be decorated with a rectangular / angular desk on legs (metal or wooden). From the dining table it is distinguished by the presence of one or two drawers. Glossy computer tables can be the leading elements of the interior. White-black models fit perfectly into the style of minimalism or hi-tech.
The coffee table basically performs a decorative function, it looks easy and beautiful. Thanks to the gloss, it is the main decoration of the interior. On average, the height of the products is about 42 cm. Some models are located no higher than 10-15 cm and can be transformer tables (rise in height). A common pattern: the lower the coffee table, the longer it is.
Gloss gives the tables aesthetically pleasing appearance, creates a protective and water-repellent layer. And these distinctive features make popular and fashionable any kinds of writing desks or magazine, lunch.
Recommendations for choosing and maintaining tables with glossy surfaces
As a rule, the unusual mirror effect of the table tops admires not only the owners of the apartments, but also the guests. Glossy for a long time will decorate the interior, if the furniture is properly chosen and carefully to look after it:
- for studio apartments, a harmonious combination of a coffee table and a lunch is welcomed;
- when buying, pay attention to the presence of possible defects: the presence of irregularities on the surface, the presence of "grains of sand, scratches, vortices;
- the edges of the articles should not have a visible seam;
- the glossy surface has a nonporous homogeneous structure that is resistant to many household detergents. However, one should not "test the patience" of gloss and apply formulations containing aggressive chemical additives (by means of care for toilet bowls / metal surfaces).
Before using any chemical cleaners, you should carefully study the recommendations and instructions from the manufacturers of the formulations.