Modern fencing in addition to its main task (protecting the house and garden from uninvited guests and curious views) also perform a decorative function. Fences are erected as from traditional materials, such as wood, stone, brick, so from relatively new ones - polycarbonate, plastic, etc. Let's take a closer look at the types of modern fences, their advantages and disadvantages.
Fences made of wood
Wood is the most traditional material used by mankind since ancient times to make fences. A wooden fence is not necessarily a solid canvas of painted planks.
Here are just some of the effects:
- The openwork carving is of the type that one can still see on the facades in Vologda and other cities with centuries-old history. The carving can be decorated only with individual elements, for example, a gate.
- The use of boards of different heights, as a result of which the upper edge of the fence turns out to be figured.
- Various compositions that are created when placing boards at a certain angle to each other and much more.
- Another option is to make a stockade of logs, which may have pointed ends. Very well, this fence is combined with a house made of wood.
- Fences and wickets for a country plot or a country house in the form of a fence also look quite good. It's not difficult to do it yourself.
Interesting effects are obtained if the design of the fence involves combining wood with other materials - stone, metal. Often you can see beautiful fences made of bricks with wooden sections.
The mansion, surrounded by a forged fence, recalls stories about the aristocracy of the 19th century. In fact, the most successful epithet that can be selected for such a fence is "exquisite".
There are several types of metal fencing:
- Fences, which are a standard metal construction, which is complemented by forged elements. This is the most budgetary option, which is often used by various institutions.
- Forged fence with welding. Products in which standard elements are combined with the custom made.
- Decorative fences, gates and wickets, which are "from and to" are carried out according to the individual project of the customer. In this case, the master spends much more time and labor. Needless to say, this is the most expensive kind of forged fences, and the cost largely depends on the number of decorative elements.
Forged can be not only the external fencing of the house or garden, but also the inner fence on the site, for example, around the flowerbed.
If for some reason you do not want to make the whole fence out of metal, you can order forged gates or wickets - they will look great in combination with a stone or brick fence.
Forged masterpieces are well combined with wooden elements. As a modernized design, you can find a fence made of metal with elements from the profiled sheet.
Fences made of corrugated board
What can you imagine when you hear the phrase "fence made of metal sheets"? Any production facility ... However, this is not so - fences made from corrugated board are not only beautiful and reliable, but also very diverse in terms of design solutions.
Profiled sheeting is produced in a huge range of colors, but that's not all. Today, manufacturers offer material that imitates wood of various breeds, stone or brickwork, and to determine that the fence is made from corrugated board, you can only look closely.
Such material is often combined with stone, brick and even with forged elements. In this case, you can make stone only the pillars or add a stone base. Gates, fences and wickets from the profiled sheet can be supplemented with forged details.
Gates made of corrugated board are swinging and rolling. If necessary, they can be easily inserted into the gate. Fencing from the profiled sheet, supplemented with material with certain properties, can also perform noise insulation function (this is important if any part of the garden or the house adjoins a noisy street).
Fence from the mesh netting
In our article, we can not but pay attention to this type of fencing as a fence from the mesh netting. Such fences are used mainly for suburban areas, but they are also different, primarily depending on the material used.
Today there are the following types of mesh netting:
- Neozinced. This is the most budgetary option, but its service life is also shortest. It has to be painted every year, otherwise rust can not be avoided.
- The zinced. It is more expensive, but does not have the above disadvantages - it is not afraid of rust and does not need to be painted.
- The next type of rabbit is plasticized. That is, a polymer layer is applied on top of the wire. When choosing such a material, it is worth paying attention to the thickness of the wire: if it flexes easily when pressing with your fingers, then it is better to refuse such a rabbit - it will be difficult to pull it when mounting the fence.
- Plastic. It is made entirely of polymer. A characteristic feature of this rabitsa is a different form of cells: they can be of traditional shape, rectangular or even round, so you can make a very original fence. Such a grid can be used as a garden fence on the part of neighbors, for the manufacture of an internal fence and a gate, but not on the street side, for this it is not strong enough.
Fencing from the rabitsa can be ennobled, planting along it climbing plants. In this case, only the gate remains free of it.
Fences made of stone
Fences, completely made of stone, look monumental and even majestic. To the stone fence around the garden or the house did not look sullen, it is often supplemented with forged elements (metal gates, the upper part of the metal), and also combined with brick, wood and profiled sheet.
Materials that are used for stone fence:
- Granite - is the most durable, but it is difficult to process it, so it is rarely used.
- Dolomite - very convenient to work, because it is easy to give the desired form with the help of a Bulgarian.
- Quarry stone. Gives a wide range of design options, as there are many varieties of it in different colors.
Of course, wickets or gates made of stone can not be made, so they are made of wood or other suitable material in terms of appearance - metal, corrugated board.