To complement or change the interior of the room, do not change all furniture completely or start a grandiose renovation, sometimes ordinary chairs can make the room more light, noble or stylish. Vienna chairs have become popular since the very moment of their appearance, as they differ in their original appearance, practicality and ease of care.
A bit of history
The first model of the classic Viennese chair was created in the 19th century by Vienna by Michael Tonet. The first products had an original appearance, were extremely light and practical, because they were created by bending wood under the influence of hot steam. In a similar way, Viennese chairs are being created now, moreover, the outlines of the products have not changed much.
At first, only "Brothers Tonet" was engaged in the manufacture of products, but after the expiration of the patent, almost all over the world, they began to produce original Viennese chairs. When stylish and original chairs only went on sale, they could be bought only by rich noblemen, notable nobles and tsarist persons. But over time, a classic Viennese chair appeared in every home, although its popularity did not diminish.
Soon the chairs of the Viennese master became irreplaceable objects of furniture not only in living quarters, but also in cafes, restaurants, hotels, universities due to their practicality, accessibility and ease.
Advantages and features of Viennese chairs
The design of Michael Tonet's chairs is a real find, because the finished products are very practical, light and original in appearance. Tonet, demonstrating the strength and quality of their products, dropped from the Eiffel Tower chair in the Viennese style. After falling from an incredible height the product remained unharmed.
Old and modern models are made of wood, or rather beech, but you can find products from oak, maple, ash, alder, as well as chairs on the metal frame. Also, Viennese chairs can have a plywood or soft seat, the backrest in the original version.
As for the main advantages, among them there are:
- Weight - real Viennese chairs are made of beech, so they are very light, and even a child can lift them.
- Practicality and durability - thanks to special processing of beech with steam, finished products are durable, and can withstand heavy loads, do not deform, do not change shape and color under the influence of moisture and temperature changes.
- Naturalness - regardless of which tree the chair is made of, it looks luxurious and noble in any form, besides, natural wood always gives the interior ease and ease.
- Simplicity in care - beech Viennese chairs in painted or unpainted form look original and do not require special care, for this you should use the usual means for caring for wood so that the chair always looks stylish and noble.
- Cost - despite the fact that it is the beech that is the original material for creating a real Viennese chair, it is much cheaper than analogues made from oak or other noble wood.
- Variety of models - Michael Tonet made a lot of models of chairs in the Viennese style, and everyone can choose the most suitable model for their interior.
Chairs in the Viennese style in different interiors
Metal Viennese chairs are often used as kitchen because they can be washed in case of contamination, and products on the metal frame will be able to originally complement the stylish and modern kitchen set.
But the chairs for the kitchen can be made of wood. If they are properly taken care of, they will be pleasing to the eye for a long time. The main feature of such chairs is a comfortable seat and backrest, which can be made of metal elements. The chair can also be on a metal frame, trimmed with a soft cloth or have an original wooden netting.
If you are choosing Viennese chairs for the kitchen, you should pay attention to the material of the seat and back cover, if it is a leather substitute, because it can be cleaned easily and quickly, and the skin will not absorb odors.
For the living room ideal is a wooden Viennese chair with a soft seat, a backrest and the presence of armrests. These models will be an ideal choice for a living room in a classic style, as well as in the style of Provence. Such chairs can supplement the existing furniture, but in this case, special attention should be paid to color, texture, materials and performance.
Antiquarian models can create an atmosphere of luxury and nobility, but you need to be able to combine these chairs with the furniture already available. If your apartment is made in the style of vintage, these products will be a great addition.
Chairs on the metal frame can also become an option for the living room in the Art Nouveau style, in which case you can choose unusual colors, for example, blue, mint, red, yellow. The original light colors of the Viennese chairs in classical style can complement the interior in the Scandinavian style. Products on the metal frame can be an excellent alternative to wooden products in this style.
Correctly choosing the right model of Viennese chair, you can create an atmosphere of home comfort, warmth and lightness. To change the situation, you do not need to put this furniture aside, as another color and original upholstery can make a real work of art from an old chair. Therefore, the Viennese chair in any case will be an indispensable thing in your home.