Kitchen sink is a necessary part of modern kitchens. It should be as convenient as possible, fit in size and fit into the overall interior. In place of steel and galvanized models came a sink made of artificial stone. It fully meets its functional requirements. Such a sink always looks aesthetically interesting, harmoniously emphasizes the whole attractiveness of the kitchen.
Requirements for a sink made of artificial stone
Kitchen sink made of artificial stone has become a very profitable and attractive option for replacing a sink made of natural stone. It is no less reliable, but it costs several times cheaper. To the sinks of this type there are certain requirements, as well as to other kitchen furniture or accessories.
There are a lot of them, but the main ones are:
- Must be produced from environmentally friendly raw materials and comply with sanitary standards;
- Artificial stone should be durable, resistant to mechanical damage and shocks;
- The color of the kitchen sink made of artificial stone must not be abraded;
- Washing should be resistant to high and low temperatures, as well as their differences. People in the process of use include both hot and cold water;
- There should be no problems in operation, it is easy to be processed by various chemical means (for washing, for cleaning, for removal of blockages). At the same time, wear of the sinks should not occur, they should not rub or crumble.
Advantages of artificial stone sinks
Artificial stone is a very high quality material for the manufacture of sinks. Usually natural minerals such as granite, quartz, marble and synthetic binders are used as a basis. The basis for manufacturing kitchen sinks obtained by this method is sufficiently elastic and resistant to impacts. Therefore, the products produced have high quality and a number of huge pluses in comparison with the competing product:
- Artificial stone has a lower cost in comparison with natural stone. Therefore, washing from it is cheaper;
- High elasticity of the raw material allows you to make different models of sinks, which will differ in shape and size. They can be angular, round, oval, square, rectangular;
- There is a choice of models for the source material;
- Sinks made of artificial stone are heat-resistant, designed for long-term use, consistent with their functions;
- Easily restored. Artificial stone is quickly restored after surface treatment by a special composition;
- You can choose the desired model, shape and color of the sink;
- Possibility of selection for existing models of mixers of any type and different manufacturers;
- There is no problem in choosing the appropriate accessories for washers made of artificial stone;
- Easily and quickly cleaned with appropriate chemical treatment. Easy to operate;
- Aesthetically attractive.
A large range of sinks made of artificial stone allows you to choose the appropriate size.
There are small and large kitchens with a standard or non-standard layout. Therefore, the size of the kitchen sink will be appropriate. If the area allows, the washing can be double - in two sections.
Kitchen sinks made of artificial stone are not exposed to sunlight. Their big plus in comparison with metal and steel models is that the sound of running water is almost completely muffled. The noise load on the body is removed. And the introduction of various additives, especially silver particles, prevents the accumulation of microorganisms on the surface. Artificial stone does not accumulate in itself the smells of the kitchen. Therefore, such a sink will never have an unpleasant outlet. They also do not cause discomfort when touching the surface.
Sinks made of acrylic stone harmoniously fit into the kitchen interior. They are often offered together with the table top. Such a set has a winning appearance, and compatibility allows the kitchen set to look more presentable. Used with a countertop sink is called an integrated sink. They are connected together by a glued invisible seam. The color of the glue is matched in the tone of the artificial stone. It is invisible and looks like a harmonious whole design. Types of equipment can be both angular and rectangular, and the sink itself is mortise. White is classic, but the black model looks more rich and rich in interior.
Sinks of artificial stone sinks
Despite the advantages, the kitchen sinks made of artificial stone have some drawbacks. Some of them are called the following:
- The price in comparison with sinks from steel or tin is higher;
- They have a lot of weight. Therefore, certain reinforced supports are required. This should be taken into account in the installation work;
- In them, you can not put hot, removed immediately from the fire pan, pan or saucepan.
If you take into account all the above-mentioned disadvantages in operation, the washing of artificial stone will last long enough for its owners.
A sink made of artificial stone in the bathroom is made on the principle of pressing under high pressure crumbs of natural minerals and the introduction of various synthetic ad
ditives into the mass. The principle of their manufacture is one-type principle of the production of kitchen sinks from artificial stone. Despite the changing fashion, this shell is designed for durability in use.
Models of artificial stone sinks
Bathroom sinks made of artificial stone are made in various variations and colors. Often use a round and oval shape. At small sizes, corner sinks are installed. But if the bathroom has a large area, then an integrated washbasin looks very good - these are two connected shells. The seam connecting them is not visible. They seem to be one. But they require certain skills during installation. This double shell is heavier, so a stand under it is a strong and reliable design.
The most often integrated sink made of artificial stone is installed in places of public catering, baths, swimming pools and others. Such models are usually called monolithic. The main drawbacks of such models are the complexity of the installation and the absence of a number of vibrating devices. From the vibrations over time, there is a cracking of the artificial stone and destruction of the model itself. And in the cracks formed there is garbage and dirt, microbes develop. Also you can not pour hot boiling water into them.
Positive sides of artificial stone sinks
Sinks made of artificial stone are becoming increasingly used due to their positive aspects. They are the following factors:
- Increased noise absorption of flowing water;
- Durability when used properly;
- Increased resistance to sun exposure;
- Care for them is simple;
- Comfortable and comfortable;
- It is easy to choose a mixer;
- Are safe from the point of view of ecology and sanitation;
- A wide range of models by color, shape, size, design, and internal depth;
- Reliability and beautiful aesthetic appearance.
All models of artificial stone sinks are well polished, they do not have sharp corners. They are pleasant to exploit.
Minuses of shells made of artificial stone
There are some disadvantages in the shells of artificial stone. Manufacturers call the following:
- No vibrations near the sink;
- Do not stand the temperature of boiling water;
- The large weight of the shell must be taken into account during transportation and installation.
The quality and value of any product made of artificial stone directly depends on the starting material, synthetic additives and the manufacturer. This should always be taken into account when choosing the necessary.