The value of the traditional closet in the situation of modern furniture is difficult to overestimate. However, new shapes and lines appear in furniture, different surface treatment technologies are used. And familiar objects acquire an original look, change the geometry of the room. Radius wardrobes and partitions have created a whole trend in interior design - radius-line.
- 1 Advantages of sliding-door coupes
- 2 Filling of radius-type sliding-door wardrobes
- 3 Cabinet designs: types, advantages and disadvantages
- 4 Range of cabinets
- 5 Characteristics of cabinets: types of fastening of doors and variants of decoration of facades
- 6 Methods of installing doors
- 7 Fabrics for facades: types and brief description
Advantages of sliding-door coupes
- Compactness - the space of the room is rationally used and space is saved - no space is required to open the doors. A variety of sliding structures (one-, two-, three-door) facilitates access to things lying on the shelves.
- Aestheticality - furniture models out-of-the-box play out the design of the room, create the mood of the room, combined with different interiors. Due to the repetition of the lines of the suspended ceiling or the floor, the models harmoniously fit into any situation.
- Versatility - you can choose furniture that matches children's rooms, offices, corridors, living room or bedrooms.
- Multifunctionality - designs can be used as a dressing room, library or bookcase or participate in zoning space.
Filling of radius-type sliding-door wardrobes
Schemes of the location of the shelves and offices are built according to the desires and preferences of the owners. In separate sections inside the structure you can put home appliances, place sports equipment or even equip a compact workplace. Drawers are desirable to order a mesh structure - this will ensure the natural ventilation of things.
Visual change in the geometry of the room - a corner cabinet with sides of different lengths can visually make a square room rectangular.
Cabinet designs: types, advantages and disadvantages
In the furniture market, two types of cabinets are proposed for installation.
- The body product is a separate unit of furniture, which has rear and side walls, a roof, a bottom, facades. Pros: the design can be moved around the room, installed in any part of the room, it is convenient to make a qualitative assembly of the structure and carefully adjust the doors. Cons: more materials are needed for manufacturing, the internal volume of the product is eaten away by the walls.
- The built-in option is installed in the wall / gypsum board niches and completely occupies the allocated space. Pros: lack of roof / bottom, walls reduce the cost of construction, the ability to install in any size opening. The price of the product is significantly reduced by the installation of metal bars with the baskets fixed to them. Cons: The cabinet is made under an aperture of certain sizes; it can not be rearranged, but can only be dismantled.
Range of cabinets
The main feature of the coupe radii cabinets is the variety of shapes. If you use asymmetry when choosing a design, you can visually change the geometry of the room. Depending on the bending line for the door guide, the following types of products are distinguished:
- Concave - the best choice for arranging space in the corners of the room. These models soften the geometry of the room and do not clutter the area. The most suitable options are to install such a closet in the bedroom or in the nursery. Such furniture makes the room cozy and round;
- a convex cabinet is more practical to install in a small room, since the construction does not use a large width. A suitable option is to install a radius enclosure in the hallway;
- Curved (alternating convex / concave types). For these models, the most suitable place for installation is along the wall. It is optimal to put the combined radii-wardrobe in the living room. This furniture will perfectly complement the interior of rooms of medium / large areas.
Characteristics of cabinets: types of fastening of doors and variants of decoration of facades
The door of the structure consists of a frame (aluminum / steel), in which the façade cloth is inserted. The lateral vertical side of the frame also serves as a handle for moving the door. The sections are moved by sliding the rollers along the special guides along the opening of the structure. Mechanisms for doors are made to order, as guides can have different radii.
Methods of installing doors
Two types of door fastening are used.
The guide is fixed to the ceiling or fixed to the wall. Advantages - Radius cabinet is installed without thresholds. Disadvantage - it is impossible to mount in rooms with hanging or plasterboard ceilings.
The guide is fixed to the floor or to the podium, specially prepared. Dignity - the ability to install in rooms with a suspended ceiling. Disadvantage - dust can accumulate in the guides. The accumulation of small litter will further complicate the sliding of the doors.
Fabrics for facades: types and brief description
The main requirement for the facade material is the ability to maintain the given curved shape during the whole period of operation. The most common variants of the door leaf are:
- acrylic glass with photo printing technology. The selected images are printed on a wide-format printer and preserve the clarity of the lines. A special effect is obtained with the use of special inks, which polymerize under the action of the ultraviolet. As a result, the picture acquires an easy visual volume. Radius wardrobe with photo printing can set the room a dynamic character or give the room a romantic mood;
- bent panels from MDF (compressed wood sawdust impregnated with carbide resins). Decorating plates can be done by painting, veneering, laminating. The surface of the canvas is glossy / smooth or imitates the texture of wood, stone, leather. Facades of MDF - the best option for cabinets in the children's room. Decorate the surface better stickers, which can be changed as the child grows up.
- rattan / bamboo canvas will be appreciated by lovers of natural, environmentally friendly materials;
- glass / mirror with tinting / sandblasting. The technology of the method is based on the action of an air-jet high-pressure jet on the surface of the web. With the help of artistic sandblast, a pattern is applied. When using colored / deep sandblast, three-dimensional ornaments and realistic drawings are created. Facades with a mirror surface are desirable for use in closets in the corridor / hallway.
The desire to create a cozy, comfortable space in the apartment is quite natural. When choosing the right environment, it is necessary to take into account the interior style of the room, its purpose. To the closets with radii doors ideally complement the interior, it is better to use the services of a designer. Since such models of furniture are made to order, it is recommended to contact professional manufacturers of furnishings.