Oak is a real giant of the furniture industry. Furniture products from oak are distinguished by great strength and magnificent decorative properties, they are a classic style that is not subject to time or fashion, oak furniture will be highly valued always.
Advantages of oak furniture
Furniture products from oak have a lot of advantages, due to which they win rivalry with other types of trees. Advantages include:
- Strength and longevity. In many literary works, the oak is an allegory of eternity or longevity, and this is indeed so. Oak is a long-living tree, but as a material it is very durable. Strength and durability are explained by the fact that the core of oak undergoes self-preservation during maturation, as a result of which oak wood has a high resistance to loads, moisture and any other damages. And thanks to the current technologies of wood processing, the quality is increased several times;
- High resistance to moisture. Many tree species are characterized by an increased tendency to absorb moisture, which is why furniture quickly deteriorates. Oak, on the contrary, has a high resistance to moisture absorption. Owing to this property, oak furniture is often used as a street, with a high quality external processing it can last a very long time;
- An exquisite look. Oak furniture gives any room a refined aristocratic appearance, thanks to a beautiful pattern. The colors of oak furniture can be very much.
The most popular type of oak furniture is a desk, both written and dining.
Oak table with the proper level of care can serve its owners a very long time. It can be made of solid wood or veneer. Oak table from the array will cost more, but it will last longer.
Buying a kitchen table, you should not save, because such a furniture product can serve as a place for receiving and cooking for several generations. Tables for the kitchen are made in a variety of shapes: square, rectangular, round and oval.
Oak tables can be carved, usually such furniture is done by hand and is not cheap.
Oak desk can also be carved, however, as for the form, usually the writing tables are made in a rectangular shape.
A desk made of oak wood is perfect for a private office.
When choosing a table, you need to pay attention to the color of the furniture product, if the room is dominated by light colors, it is better to get a light brown oak, if the dark - on the contrary. It is also important to study the design of the table so that it is not flabby and shaky, so that all used fasteners are of quality steel and firmly retain the shape.
How to properly care for a table of oak?
The oak table requires the necessary care, if you follow several simple rules, the furniture product can serve a very long time.
- It is best to place oak tables away from sources of heat and sunlight, that is, away from batteries and windows. Fulfilling this rule, you can save the surface of the table from the appearance of cracks, as well as the original color can stay on the table longer.
- At least once a month you should treat the surface with a special protec
tive oil, so you can preserve the quality and shine of the table.
- Do not place hot objects on the table top, for example, cups, plates and so on. You can put special stands under them.
- If liquid was accidentally spilled, it is necessary to wipe it off immediately so that there are no stains on the surface of the table.
Thus, the oak table can be an excellent addition to the interior of both the kitchen and the office. Tables from oak will serve their owners for a very long time with due care and proper operation.