Piece of wooden parquet (some of which are often called plaques, rivets and simply parquettes), probably for a long time will be considered one of the most beautiful environmentally friendly floor coverings that can last many decades with proper operation. This material will be for you an excellent choice if you decide to use it in any living room: in the nursery, in the living room, in the bedroom. On a nice tactile and always seeming warm surface, floor owners from a parquet often like to walk barefoot. Due to the small coefficient of thermal conductivity, the parquet prevents the spread of cold from the base on which it is laid, even if it is made of concrete. Piece parquet, having many positive qualities, constantly attracts the attention of a large number of buyers.
Even the parquet floor, which has lost its original gloss and brightness, can easily be refreshed by grinding. And having covered it after such a restoration work with varnish, you will protect it and improve its aesthetic qualities. Due to the strength of the laths and the multidirectional arrangement of the wood fibers in the parquet flooring, the stability of the floor dimensions from the parquet is ensured, along with the hardness.
Piece parquet is a hypoallergenic building material that does not contain harmful chemicals. In addition, it also has antistatic properties, as a result of which there is no accumulation of dust on the parquet floor, capable of causing allergic reactions in both children and adults.
Parquet flooring has soundproofing properties. And when moving around it, unpleasant noise effects do not appear, such as hum or crackling, like a floor covered with a laminate.
Variants of laying parquet
Applying various ways of placing elements of this building material, selecting the wood texture and using the tabs, you can create real art masterpieces, which you can decorate your apartment or house. However, the development and implementation of unique compositions is a very complex task, which, as a rule, is only possible for professionals.
At the same time, using even many traditional well-known methods of laying parquet, it is possible to achieve an aesthetically attractive floor in the interior of almost any home. Next, we consider a few fairly simple, from the point of view of the technology implementation, the methods of placing the slats of the parquet (without the use of inserts), which nevertheless make it possible to obtain a beautiful and durable floor covering.
The name of the tree is this type of layout was due to the fact that the rivets of the parquet are placed by the Christmas tree, that is, in such a way that each die represents a branch of the fir or its paw. Parquet "herringbone" looks and impressive, and has a high stability, since the load in this case on the parquet is distributed evenly, and, consequently, the appearance of cracks is unlikely. To the defects of the herringbone can be attributed only some complexity of the process of installing the coating, but it is felt mostly only by those who are engaged in such work for the first time.
Much more interesting looking Christmas tree, laid out using a different in color and texture dice.
Parquet «the French fur-tree» often name also a ladder. It's a little more difficult to lay than with plain planks, since in this case they need to be cut at an oblique angle at an angle of 45 °, but sometimes the parquet strips are cut at other angles, for example, 30 ° or 60 °.
Although this layout does not provide the strength and stability inherent in a regular Christmas tree, but the floor laid out by this technology looks exceptionally effective in the modern interior, including because it is very rare.
When using the "deck" layout, the boards are glued in series with the mixing in relation to the bars of the neighboring row. In this case, depending on the algorithm by which the plates of the parquet are shifted, three layout variants are distinguished:
In small rooms for the deck it is better to use a diagonal layout, which can visually increase the room.
This popular pattern, today often used for laying parquet, is obtained by assembling plates in several pieces into squares, each of which is sequentially unfolded by 90 ° with respect to the other four surrounding it.
If, for example, in all squares with a vertical orientation of the parquet plates, use slats of dark wood, and in others - from light, then you can get a coating that looks like a chessboard. It is believed that the Vietnamese as well as the deck, is able to expand the space. Among its other advantages is its resistance to deformations. True, some apartment owners believe that this design has an excessive simplicity and uncomplicatedness.
Stacking of parquet with herringbone
Before you start, you need to get:
- tape measure;
- kapron thread, cord or line;
- electric heater (if the room temperature is low and there is no heating system);
- rubberized hammer (for tapping);
- a construction stapler (or nails / screws);
- Special knee pads (to protect their knees from excessive load);
- a roller for varnishing of parquet;
- putty specially designed for parquet;
- a primer;
- parquet varnish.
It is also necessary to take care that the temperature of the air in the room is in the range of 16-25 ° C, and its humidity is within the range of 45-60%. At the same time, the moisture level of the base (rough floor) should be less than 12%.
It is under these conditions in the room to withstand at least a week before laying piece parquet. The base on which the riveting will be mounted must be firm, dry and even. Its unevenness will cause additional loads on the parquet plates, which will lead to premature wear. Laying on a flexible and damp floor is prohibited: deformation of the parquet is possible.
The best option is to lay the rivet on the base, covered with sheets of plywood.
How to make a Christmas tree on a plywood-covered base?
- Before starting work, make sure that you have purchased an equal number of "left" and "right" staves. They differ from each other in that if they are placed vertically and face to themselves, so that they have a crest at the top, then the "left" plate will also have a comb on the left side, and at the "right", respectively, with the right.
- In the middle of the room, stretch the nylon thread to the length of the entire floor, which will serve as a guide in the future.
- Take two parquet plates and connect the Christmas tree, inserting the comb of the long side of one of them into the groove on the short side of the other. Beforehand, all joints must be glued with glue.
- Cover, using a spatula, with glue, also the plywood base in the place where the first assembled pair of parquet will be located: namely, directly under the tension nylon thread.
- Press the slats against the plywood base to squeeze out excess glue, and immediately remove the excess.
- Secure the straps with nails / self-tapping screws (or staples using a construction stapler), driving them either into the groove or into the ridge crest at an angle of 45 ° and sinking their hats. In this case, each parquet is 40 cm long and must be fixed in at least two places.
- Lay down the remaining bars, each time promazyvaya base on which they will be attached to the width of each die, a layer of glue with a thickness of one to one and a half millimeters. Working, you need to move along the nylon thread and build the first Christmas tree, which will be the basic construction, and the other parquetlets will join it on both sides.
- After creating the supporting tree, start fixing the parquetry to the right and left of it, gradually expanding the area of laying, until you reach the walls.
- Bottlenecks near the walls are filled with cut-to-size dies.
- Between the wall surface and the endings of the rivet, insert the wedges to ensure a clearance of about two to three millimeters.
When applying the straps and inserting their combs into the grooves, always finish the connection with a rubberized hammer or the usual one, but through an adapter in the form of a piece of parquet.
What else needs to be done after the parquet laying is completed?
- After completing the packing, you need to wait about three days and polish the parquet at least two times.
- Puttypavat slots (if any) with a special parquet putty.
- Primer parquet floor;
- Cover it with varnish to give a shine in at least three layers.
When filling, priming and varnishing, always take into account that it is necessary to give time (specified in the corresponding instructions, but usually equal to one day) for the drying of the parquet before proceeding to the next technological operation.
So, laying the parquet with a herringbone you did! Install skirting boards and enjoy the beauty that you have created with your own hands.
The current technology makes it possible to mount the "herringbone" parquet, both in the usual format and enlarged. A clear geometric pattern and the texture of the tree can add sophistication and charm to the design of almost any interior.