In modern apartments of individual planning or with redevelopment, often there are rooms that do not have a single window. Initially, it can be some back rooms, dressing rooms, bathrooms and other non-main rooms in the house, usually a small area. Making out the interior of these premises, it is necessary to take into account several important points that will help to compensate for the lack of natural light in them, and make the design harmonious. In the article we will tell you how to properly design a room without windows - what to look for and what aspects should be taken more carefully.
Consider, with the help of which design and decorating techniques we can achieve harmony of the premises without windows:
Simulate the window
This reception is the most common for a small room. It creates a very realistic impression of the presence of the window. After all, the lack of windows psychologically affects a person. Psychologists even argue that even if you just draw a coal on a brick wall, draw a window on the wall of the room - this alone will have a positive effect on the mood and the state of the nervous system. Methods of imitation:
- For certainty, you can hang curtains - in the place where you want a "window". A nearby fan can create the feeling that the wind from the street is shaking these curtains. And the lamp behind the curtain will support the impression that the light is coming from the outside. In this case, the curtain itself should not be too dense, it is better - translucent. Thus, even a living room or a bedroom can be framed.
- If you hang a large picture in the landscape or marine theme on the wall of a small kitchen or bedroom, this technique will help create the impression that the window in the room is present. But the picture should be in light, better - blue, green tones. Photo wallpapers with landscapes and realistic plant images make the same impression - they can be decorated with a living room and a bedroom.
- An excellent solution will be a picture with urban themes - for example - a brightly lit street of New York or another metropolis. Such a picture or wallpaper can produce a completely authentic impression of the view from the window. Such a design can often be seen on television, when the host of the program is in the studio, decorated with a realistic panel. All viewers have the impression that behind the host is a window in which the evening Moscow is visible, for example. The bedroom or the space of a small kitchen without windows will play in a new way thanks to this reception.
- An excellent idea for the picture - going to the distance, in "infinity", a long alley. This method visually expands the space of a small room without windows - the room will visually increase.
- Special plastic panels-moldings, in which the illumination is built in, can create the impression that there is a window in the room. This design is especially decorative when the room is switched off. Not very suitable for the kitchen, especially - small.
- Use mirrors to decorate the interior. Their ability to reflect light, they can completely replace the windows. In addition, they expand the interior of a small room.
Window to the next room
- If the presence of a window is vitally important for you, cut it into the next room. So you can combine the space of the kitchen and dining room, bedroom and study. In the next room the window will in any case be present - a small amount of natural light will get to the room, which has no windows.
- When you want privacy, this inner window can be covered with blinds or decorative shutters.
- Together with the imitation of the window opening, the stained-glass windows also serve as a stylish decorative interior decoration, suitable for a small room.
- A source of artificial light can be placed behind the stained glass composition. This technique will highlight the stained glass window, make the kitchen or bedroom space more spacious and elegant.
- Stained-glass windows create an excellent mood due to their beauty and decorativeness, they drive the spleen, depression and look original.
- The stained-glass decoration of a bathroom, kitchen and even a corridor looks great.
This is a special window, often internal, which does not open. Such a detail of the interior in Soviet times was often used between the bathroom and the kitchen. Not far from the ceiling was a small window, which was often decorated with frosted glass. People who live now in houses of old construction, such a transom is still there. A similar element, only in the modern interpretation, can be decorated and a room without windows, connecting them the living room and bedroom.
They are able to create in a room without windows an imitation of natural light - if you install hidden from the eyes of fixtures. They can be placed in special panels in the ceiling, behind cabinets and furniture. It looks so diffuse lighting is very decorative, the design gives a soft environment, which is not harmful to the eyes - the bedroom or living room is cozy and comfortable.
Use a variety of lamps - all kinds of modifications and variations. Use floor lamps, sconces, spot lights, chandelier, night lights, table lamps, etc.