Interior design looks unfinished without a properly selected ceiling or floor plinth. There is a huge variety of laths, depending on the material of manufacture and color solution, therefore any style of the interior can be supplemented with the missing element.
Role in the interior
Decorative projections are not only important functional purpose, but also perform aesthetic tasks:
- the outdoor plinth in the interior masks the non-esthetic gap between the wall and the floor. Under it cables are hidden;
- ceiling skirting hides joints between the finish of the wall and ceiling, and visually increases the size of the room. The decorative bar can become a bright accent in the room, giving it a charm and personality.
The skirting board can be of a simple shape or with a complex pattern, but before choosing a ceiling skirting or skirting for the floor for a room, you need to determine the material.
You need to buy such a protrusion, which would harmoniously fit into the overall interior. The most common plinths:
- Wooden. The material is quite expensive due to its ecological compatibility and durability. Well in harmony with the flooring and furniture. More commonly used are walnut, oak, bamboo, maple.
- MDF. Manufacturing technology - pressing of wood fiber in high temperature conditions. Ideal for bathroom and kitchen due to resistance to temperature changes and moisture. MDF plinths are for painting or laminated.
- Veneered. During the manufacture of various types of toning. The base of the bar is pine or spruce, and the cover is valuable tree species.
- Plastic. The PVC protrusion is the most popular kind. It is resistant to environmental influences and has an attractive value. Thanks to a variety of textures, the plastic skirting board decorates the apartment in any style. It is easy to install and is able to adapt to the features of the room.
- Polyurethane. This element of finishing from polyurethane foam is at a modern fashionable level in the interior. It is beautiful, easy to clean, harmless and resistant to mechanical damage. Polyurethane skirting is an inexpensive, but high-quality option for replacing moldings. He is able to implement the most daring design ideas. Polyurethane plinth makes even the most complicated curved surface.
- Under the carpet. The bar is made of plastic and has a special groove for inserting the fabric. Skirting helps to secure the carpet securely and promotes a smooth transition from floor to wall.
- Ceramic. They are used in rooms with ceramic or ceramic granite flooring.
- Cork. Used in exclusive and unusual interiors. The product can be veneered or made from a solid cork tree.
Each of these options has its advantages and disadvantages. All of them are easy to assemble and give the room a complete look.
White skirting in the interior is especially popular. This color is often used for the ceiling or window frames, so this frame will fit well into the interior.
Snow-white bars are able to visually increase the area of the room.
The material of the white skirting boards for the floor is chosen based on the parameters of the flooring. For example, if the floor is made of solid oak, then the right solution is to install a wooden skirting board.
In spacious rooms, a wide plinth in the interior is appropriate. He will give him a solid appearance, especially in combination with the columns. A ledge at the bottom of the room will protect it from damage.
White skirting floor and wall mount require thorough care and cleaning. They easily accumulate dirt and dust on themselves.
Fans of daring solutions can complete the finishing of the room with a halter of contrasting color. The edging of dark color from wenge wood is an interesting decorative move. It looks interesting in combination with black floor tiles and bright decorative elements - red or yellow.
One of the primary colors in interior design can be repeated in skirting. The bars in the tone of furniture are best. The color of the plinth in the shade of any one part of the room is allowed. For example, curtains, cornices, picture frames, textiles.
You can choose another option and decorate the plinth in the interior of the room in a shade that is not used in decoration, but is combined between the basic tones of decoration or furniture.
The choice of plinth for the color of the element
s of the room
Do not always want to use just a classic white plinth in the interior. Sometimes, to maintain balance, the product is selected for the color of the elements of the room:
- Floor. If we choose a standard combination of floor with a floor bar, then it will not attract attention. Sometimes it is not possible to find the right color of the plinth, then the element for painting comes to the rescue. The composition is selected strictly under the shade of the existing floor covering. Staining is carried out before or after installation.
- Walls. Skirting in the interior of the color of the walls also do not play any decorative role. But they are able to visually increase the height of the ceiling. The bar is painted in a dark or light shade at the same time as the walls are trimmed.
- Door. The opening in the wall, the canvas and the ledges are made out in a single color solution. From the side it looks as if the bar is ringing the entire space of the room. So a black or colored plinth combines all the elements of the interior.
- Window. An interesting and bold combination is used infrequently. It looks most effective, if the window opening is black, olive, gray or made in any other non-standard shade. Designer reception does not work with the window closed by the curtains.
- Furniture. It is the largest composition in the room, so the color design in a similar shade creates a stylish interior. For example, a kitchen with a gray set is complemented by a gray plinth, regardless of the tone of the walls, ceiling or floor.
- Ceiling beams. White wide skirting board will favorably emphasize the elegance of the white beam. The same effect will produce a dark bar with a dark product.
A high plinth in the interior is able to act as an independent decor element, especially if it is made in a light shade. The widest projection can hide communications and other non-aesthetic details. The main thing is that its color is combined with other colors in the interior.
The choice depends on the area of the room
For a harmonious combination of the plinth in the interior the dimensions of the room are taken into account:
- a large room. Here the choice of skirting boards in width, pattern and form is practically unlimited. For high ceilings, a wide ceiling skirting is chosen in the interior so that it does not get lost in the spaciousness of the room. An element with a pattern under the stucco molding will transform the usual dimensional room with a height of 2.8 m into the festive hall;
- small room. In such rooms, a neat little skirting board looks good. A polyurethane plinth with a light stucco is acceptable. The ledge with the overlays will create a stunning medallion in the rooms in a romantic or classic style.
For registration are used as standard sets of skirting, and made according to individual orders in accordance with the design. The owner of the room can only decide which option is most acceptable for him.