When decorating the rooms of your home - even bedrooms, even kitchens - you want to make them not only practical, but also beautiful. Such material as plaster, gives us in the modern world for this all possibilities. We are used to the fact that the walls are plastered only if a more expensive finish is too expensive. But this is not so. Modern plaster in the interior gives such a variety of colors and texture options - and under the stone, and under the tree, and under the brick - that it can be compared with the most popular finishing materials used for the apartment, including the living room, bathroom and bedroom. The premise, finished with plaster, becomes stylish, modern.
Stucco gives the room a dynamic, texture, makes the design of the walls by the fashionable. In the article, we will consider the features of plaster as a finishing material.
Let's consider the basic features peculiar to all kinds of decorative plaster:
- The plaster has resistance to mechanical influences. Especially marble.
- Very voluminous and embossed, which makes it possible to carry out any design of walls.
- Withstands high temperature. This makes it possible to use it in the kitchen.
- Eco-friendly material. The composition is mainly natural ingredients.
- Durable and durable material.
- Does not require self-care. This is especially the structural and marble plasters.
- Color can be selected at will.
- Allows you to get rid of flaws and defects in the walls, leveling the surface of the living room, bathroom and hallway.
- Protects against extraneous sounds. Also, textured mixtures can additionally serve as a good heat insulator. This they are better than wallpaper.
- Most kinds of this material are inexpensive.
- Plaster on the walls in the classic version will be able to even beginner. If, of course, this is not superdecorative volumetric and relief Venetian plaster.
The difference between decorative plaster and ordinary is that in the decorative composition of the first there are special fragments of various materials that give the final coating a decorative and uneven texture. It can be marble, other minerals like quartz, mica, small pebbles, even pieces of fabric, foil, silk fiber. With its help you can create beautiful patterns on the walls of the house and even draw pictures in the living room and hallway. Completely replaces wallpaper and aesthetically even surpasses them.
Let's consider, what advantages in design can give us those or other kinds of plaster
This type is characterized by an impurity in the composition of large fractions. That is, the mixture will be met with marble chips, wood, pieces of pumice stone, ground bricks, etc. These inclusions create the necessary structure of the finished coating. As a result, the decoration of the walls is uneven, very textured and picturesque, in a modern spirit. Structural plaster is suitable for kitchens and hallways, it can be used to decorate brick and stone.
The most popular type of such plaster is a common and inexpensive "bark beetle". The name is due to the fact that the "bark beetle" imitates a picture of a tree bark with lines, as if eaten by beetle bark beetles. The structural mixture is a bit rough, but, nevertheless, very popular. Usually it sells white and gray.
Such types of material perfectly imitate different surfaces. So, the textured plaster can create on walls a drawing of a brick, a skin, a stone, even a velvet and silk. The walls of the apartment get an excellent design in a short time. Features:
- Textured plaster in the interior almost always has a color.
- Excellent conceal various wall defects. It will help you get rid of cracks, chips and other shortcomings. Imitates both stone and wood.
- Completely replace wallpaper.
In another way this kind is also called silk plaster.
- They have a special manufacturing technology, which implies the inclusion in the mixture of natural fiber of silk. This gives the finished coating a chic silk texture, very decorative and luxurious, pleasant to the touch, like wallpaper. This wall design is ideal for living room and bedroom.
- Silk plaster in the interior is completely natural material, like a brick or a tree. The coating is good for air. This circumstance makes it possible to apply silk coating even in children's rooms, kitchens, dining rooms, not to mention the hallways.
- On silk plaster because of its excellent ability to air exchange, mold and fungus are not formed, therefore its types are suitable for the bathroom.
- It is able to additionally protect the hosts of the house from extraneous noise and from the cold. Not too bulky and embossed, elegant and decorative looks.
- The most durable coating of all listed. It looks great in the kitchen and in the hallway.
- Marble plaster can be both with large fractions, and with small. Therefore, it gives scope for choosing exactly the kind of invoice that is necessary in a particular case. Color can also be any. It is very voluminous and embossed. The walls covered with this kind of material will look great for a long time.
You can also note sep
arately the quartz appearance of decorative plaster. In this case, fine quartz particles are added to the mixture, which gives the coating a soft gloss and texture. Usually happens white, less often - color. Quartz plaster is characterized by its ability to withstand significant temperature changes. Therefore, it can be suitable for country houses that do not live year-round, and accordingly, in winter, they do not drown. Also it can make the design of walls of high-temperature kitchen and cold hallways.
- This kind of wall cover apartment though the most expensive, but at the same time one of the most decorative and externally attractive. Moreover, the older the decoration becomes, the more decorative it looks. Here is such an interesting effect inherent in Venetian plaster, uncharacteristic for most finishing materials, including popular wallpaper.
- Venetian plaster in the interior has excellent artistic properties. With its help on the walls are obtained real high artistic abstract paintings, even in the bathroom. And for the living room and the bedroom, it seems to have been created.
- The color of the walls with its help can be made any, which greatly simplifies the design.
- Of the minuses, you can note the expensive price of coverage and the need for the project to invite only an experienced master.
The composition of all the decorative plaster for the house is different in several ways. Let's consider them in more detail:
- Have the appearance of a dry mixture.
- Are applied on mineral surfaces, including they can cover a brick.
- Suitable for bathroom.
- Are sold in liquid form.
- Suitable for any coatings, can be applied to wallpaper.
- Color can be any.
- Ideal for living room and hallway.
- Sold in finished form.
- Suitable for any coating used at home.
- Structural plaster refers specifically to silicates.
- Sold in finished form.
- Excellent for processing old, wiped surfaces.
- They have excellent water resistance. Suitable for the bathroom, the kitchen will also be in place.
- Can be applied to wallpaper, brick.
Features of application
Some important points that you should know when choosing this finishing material:
- If a structural mixture with a large fraction filler, it implies only manual application.
- If the mixture is ready for use, it should not be diluted with water. This can disrupt the technology and make the color paler.
- Acrylic species are the most environmentally friendly. But they react more sharply to the external environment. Not recommended for bathroom.
Having learned about the features of decorative plaster, you will now have an idea of them. This will help you decide on the choice of finishing material for your home. It is also important that most of these materials are fully accessible for independent use.