Blue is considered one of the most romantic and attractive. Today, it is increasingly used by professional designers and creative people. Blue wallpapers in the interior create a sensual, pleasant environment that attracts everyone's attention. Cloths look stylish, but at the same time comfortable, bringing the illusion of maritime purity and freshness. The most popular shades of color are cornflower blue, sky, aquamarine and some others.
Advantages and disadvantages
Blue wallpapers have a number of important advantages:
- cool color is associated with cleanliness, fresh sea waves, the summer sky and snowdrifts;
- a room with blue wallpaper removes the feeling of fatigue, relaxes and soothes, so the decoration is often used in the interior of the bedroom;
- shades of color visually increase and illuminate the space, so they are suitable for small darkened rooms;
- blue fits well with bright furniture and accessories;
- Celestial tones perfectly cool and refresh the rooms if their windows face south.
Along with the advantages of this attractive color and some disadvantages:
- when using excessive blue (wallpaper, furniture, textiles), a person will feel tension, so it is very important to observe the measure in everything;
- blue wallpaper for walls is not suitable for rooms located on the north side, because they will look cold and too gloomy.
Knowledge of the pros and cons will help to properly form the interior of any home.
Variants of combination with different shades
Many people do not know with what tones the sky or cornflower shade looks best. Depending on the color with which the blue is applied, a special atmosphere is created in the room. The most successful and effective shades are:
- White. The combination of colors is an embodiment of freshness and purity, so it is best suited for kitchen and bathroom. In the bedroom, the white and blue interior will help to relax and tune in to a good rest; in the nursery - will calm the active kid; in the work area - activates mental activity. You can choose paintings with a pattern, made in white tones. In this case, the wallpaper will be the main accent of the interior. To give the design originality, the white color is replaced with beige, coffee, cream, turquoise.
- Gray. At first glance, the gray-blue wallpaper in the interior looks too uncomfortable and cool, however, during the summer heat the room will be filled with pleasant coolness. Especially like the blue-gray design for people who love comfort and harmony. In such a design, any conversations, rest or work process are carried out easily and naturally.
- Red. Designers do not recommend to combine blue wallpaper in the interior with a lot of bright colors. As accents, red, orange and other colors will look attractive and spectacular. To do this, saturated inserts are created on the surface of the walls, fixtures and curtains are selected. So, wallpaper in blue tones with red curtains will fill the room with energy, dynamism and warmth, which can not be achieved by using a calm palette.
- Green. Both shades are natural, so regardless of the proportions, they always look harmonious. Light blue shade is best combined with tender green, pistachio and light green tones, dark - with herbal and olive.
- Yellow. The shades of orange and yellow in combination with blue tones are associated with a warm summer beach, so the interior will not look boring and dull. The unique atmosphere of lightness and purity causes only the most pleasant emotions.
- Beige. Gently blue wallpaper with beige stripes or patterns brings romance and tenderness to the room. In the interior of the living room, this combination creates a mysterious air environment, in the bedroom - it sets a romantic mood. Paper wallpapers in the nursery are successfully supplemented with bright accessories.
The combination of pale and bright tones with blue is well suited for zoning space. The room is divided into two or more functional parts. If each of them is made in different colors, you get a unique design, harmonious and bright.
Application in the interior
Stylization of rooms is worth thinking out after choosing a wallpaper. They can differ in shades and decor. As a result, each room acquires its own special atmosphere. Wallpaper blue for walls suitable for use in the hall, bedroom, nursery, in the kitchen, in the corridor. Consider the features of choosing suitable fabrics for each of them.
The atmosphere should be relaxing, contributing to a full rest and easy communication. Blue color refers to the cold, so in the living room it must be diluted with strips or flowers of beige or white. If the room is small, give preference to a light blue palette. In spacious rooms are appropriate saturated shades.
As for the style of decoration, for the living room with blue paper wallpaper the best directions will be classics, minimalism, country. Cloths are glued in the recreation area - near the fireplace or a comfortable sofa. The color of the living room decor is well combined with bright accents in the form of yellow stripes on curtains and cushions.
Experts recommend to select monochrome canvases with a pattern of brown or white. Blue wallpapers in the bedroom relieve fatigue, contribute to a complete rest. Optimal will be gentle light tones that do not irritate or cause stress. If paper wallpaper is monochrome, you can revive them with snow-white linens or curtains.
Suitable as pale, and bright shades of blue. Light colors visually increase space, so it is advisable to use them in a children's room with a small area. Correctly selected palette promotes the full development of the baby. In order not to overdo it with saturated colors, it is better to divide the space into 2 zones: a game room and a place for sleeping. The first can be decorated with bright colors in the interior. Original striped paper cloths, decor in the form of flowers. Blue-pink wallpaper is an interesting solution for girls.
The sleeping area in the nursery is decorated with gentle calm tones. The ceiling is decorated with clouds floating on a heavenly surface or a bright summer sun. Wallpapers for girls and boys are decorated with images of fairy-tale characters or heroes of your favorite cartoons.
Blue wallpapers in the kitchen are used quite rarely. This color reduces the feeling of hunger, which is especially important for people who dream of losing weight. This action is typical only for light shades. A saturated blue palette, on the contrary, activates the appetite.
The most popular in the interior of the kitchen is a combination of blue wallpapers with light furniture sets and tiles. The dining area is decorated with wallpaper with a picture of the sky or the sea.
The shades of blue are considered traditional for the bathroom. Competently combining them with bright colors, you can create incredibly attractive interiors that will never lose their relevance. For long-term use, it is recommended to select vinyl wallpaper that is resistant to moisture and wear.
Calm gentle shades will relax and take away fatigue, saturated - have the opposite effect.
Blue wallpaper in polka dots or with an interesting pattern refresh and increase this small darkened room. Enhances the effect of a white ceiling finish. It is necessary to pay attention to practical versions of canvases made on vinyl or non-woven basis.
Wallpaper of heavenly color will fill every house with light, air and freshness. Blue tones like almost everyone, so they are used to design different rooms. With canvases, you can safely experiment, combining different colors, drawings and textures.