Bavarian masonry is a special type of brick masonry, in which its different types and shades are used. Mixing occurs as if by accident, but in the end we get a complete picture that can decorate any house and give it a special flavor. Masonry is used for various purposes in its purpose - these are private houses, and fireplaces, and garden paths, and swimming pools.
Bavarian masonry began its history as early as the distant seventeenth century in Germany. Then making a batch of bricks of the same color was quite difficult, so the masons learned how to create real architectural masterpieces from different bricks.
When building a house of brick, Bavarian masonry will be an excellent solution for giving the structure of the main classical style.
Choose a picture
At first glance, all the bricks - the details of the Bavarian masonry - are located chaotically and have no order in the layout. However, in order to make the drawing look really nice and correspond to the classical style, it is necessary to observe a number of rules when facing a building:
- When selecting bricks, you need to consider that the ratio of colors should be equal. Do not ensure the predominance of one shade, and the number of bricks of different colors should be the same.
- In every chaos there is order, therefore, even for the Bavarian masonry, it is necessary to plan in advance a drawing in which the facing of the structure will be made. Experiment with the ornamentation, taking several facial bricks, and try to make several fragments of the masonry, alternating the colored details. Such a pattern is called a pattern.
- When composing a pattern, pay attention to the uniform arrangement of colors throughout the entire area of the wall. In order for the masonry to look harmonious, it is impossible to admit the predominance of light or dark spots on its individual sections.
- The first row should consist of alternating parts of different colors.
- Remember that the effect may not justify your expectations, so use contrasting colors with caution.
- Bavarian masonry will look better when using brown and red shades.
These rules will help make any building harmonious and unique.
Classification of Bavarian masonry
Bavarian masonry differs in the number of masonry bricks used. There are its following types:
- Classical masonry, which consists of four shades of a single color scheme.
- two-colored masonry;
- multicolor masonry, consisting of five or more shades.
In the Bavarian masonry, there are many options for combining colors and shades. As mentioned earlier, before the immediate facing of the building it is necessary to make several patterns. They will determine what kind and style will be the Bavarian masonry. Brick in the classical version can be four shades: black-brown, brown, dark red, red. However, in modern style designers like to experiment: the facing brick of light tones and shades is widely used.
For a bright selection of individual building elements, for example, corners, windows or arches, a brick of the same color is used. This allows you to give the house a special form and personality. Often there is a mixture of styles of Bavarian masonry, but with such bold decisions you need to be careful and, if possible, consult a professional designer.
Where can I use the Bavarian masonry?
Bavarian masonry is, first of all, an element of classical style, but it can give calm and at the same time bright colors to any interior. It is used not only for the construction of single-story or two-story houses, but also for furnishing furnaces, fireplaces or even garden paths.
Facing the house from the Bavarian masonry is often combined with the ornament of the Christmas tree, and the fireplace made in this style will be stunningly combined with chaotically laid tiles. This will create an element of antiquity even in a modern house and will maintain a calm and cozy atmosphere in it.
Choose a brick and tools
So, if you decided to decorate the house with the help of a chaotic ornament of the Bavarian masonry, then it is necessary to move on to choosing a brick and a tool. For today there is a wide choice of kinds of bricks. In addition to the shades, they differ both in relief, in internal properties, and in parameters.
For Bavarian masonry, ideally smooth brick without scratches and chips. The exception can be only a relief brick, but when using it, you should not have two elements of the same color next
to it - it mixes the two colors and removes the contrast effect.
It should immediately be determined what shades the Bavarian masonry will be: Bordeaux is better to combine with dark red hues, "flush" can become the basis for any variant of the style of the Bavarian masonry, "magma" is perfectly combined with black and brown shades. However, it should be remembered that sharp contrasts can create the impression of negligence in the lining.
It does not matter what kind of brick you use. Whether it is clinker brick or brick ceramic, it must meet the following characteristics:
- Strength - M150;
- Frost resistance - F50;
- Moisture resistance - 8-10%;
- The thermal conductivity is 0.51.
In fact, drawing up ornaments for Bavarian masonry is a very creative and entertaining business. If you follow the basic design rules, you can get a unique ornament that will create an individual and refined interior.
If you have already chosen a brick, you can start selecting tools to get started. Here are the most necessary of them:
- Roulette or folding meter will help to measure at each stage of the cladding;
- Trowel - a tool for leveling and removing excess solution;
- the shank gives the seams a certain shape and processes them;
- The hammer-pick will help to cut the brick into smaller elements;
- a mortar shovel - with its help it is possible to stir a solution in a box, and also to submit and spread it on a wall;
- swabbing is used to clean smoke and ventilation ducts from solution residues, as well as to smooth joints;
- Wooden square with the help of which the squareness of the produced corners is checked;
- level of construction to verify the verticality of the masonry;
- The rule is used to check the face of the masonry.
With these standard tools, you will succeed!
So, the style of "Bavarian masonry" is perfect for someone who wants to make ceramics a classic foundation of their interior. Whether it's a fireplace, pool or whole house, this kind of masonry will give refinement and individuality to the construction.