Almost always in the interior there is a soft fluffy carpet - a source of home comfort, warmth, an indicator of the prosperity of the owners. In this segment there are real "aristocrats" - natural products made of silk.
Silk was invented by the Chinese, everyone knows about it. The first silk carpets appeared, probably in the same place. But for millennia, China was an isolated empire, so the rest of the world did not know about it.
Carpets for centuries wove in the East, but from woolen threads. When the borders of the Celestial Empire opened, people admired the unprecedented weightless carpets. The Chinese did not hurry to disclose the manufacturing technology. The mystery was solved by the ancient Persians for two hundred years before our era. However, Chinese silk carpets were still valued: the quality unattainable for competitors provided the experience of millennia.
However, as they say in Turkey, it was they who wove the first carpet in the East. It happened not far from Istanbul in the town of Hehere. He had a unique weaving with a knot on each thread, called the double Turkish.
The exclusive manufacture of each product makes the manufacture by hand. The machine can not surpass a person in working with delicate material.
Natural silk carpets are divided into fully silk and combined: with a base of woolen fibers, cotton or linen. The first - the easiest, high-quality and expensive. For raw materials, a thicker thread is required than usual. It is obtained by feeding silkworms with oak leaves.
Real Iranian carpets or analogs from other countries have two hundred knots per square with a side of one centimeter. These products are environmentally safe, hypoallergenic, antistatic. They are painted only with natural dyes: basmosa, antimony, turmeric. High density and special weaving techniques give strength, and with good care the carpet will please several generations of the family.
Centers of carpet weaving
The ancestor of the craft in the world is the ancient Persia (its modern name is Iran). Here, hand-held lathes are still in use, and Iranian carpets are the best. The Turkish works of carpet art compete with them in popularity. In third place is Chinese silk. Indian, Pakistani, Turkmen silk carpets are in demand.
Iran is traditionally the largest manufacturer of handmade carpets. In the world, everyone knows Iranian carpets. This is a business card of the country, so the quality is monitored here.
Iranian handmade silk carpets are made from the best raw materials and natural dyes. They are distinguished by a single Iranian knot, a design with an ornament of flowers and leaves, images of animals; A warm tone combined with rich colors.
We are silk Persian carpets in the only region of the country - Kuma. They are more valuable than woolen or combined. Carpets from Kuma are distinguished by low pile and background in brown-beige, turquoise-greenish shades, ivory. Iranian carpets from Kuma are distinguished by ornaments - squares decorated with a vegetable pattern.
The Turkish silk carpet consists of a base and pile threads. It is woven according to the technology of double knots or symmetrical knitting.
The main colors, beige and brown, symbolize peace and tranquility. One of the main attributes is ornament in the form of lines, flowers, leaves, trees, figures, signs-symbols.
The center for the production of magnificent silk carpets is the city of Hehere. Carpets of this brand are recognized by their softness, pastel shades and floral pattern (in other regions they prefer geometric).
Chinese silk handmade carpets are considered the most valuable in the world. This is an object of hunting for connoisseurs-collectors. The base and pile are made of weightless natural silk, but they are very dense, sometimes superior to the Persian counterparts.
In the Middle Kingdom they make carpets, the silk of which has an inconceivable ability to change shades under different angles and illumination. They are pleasantly cool to the touch.
Symmetrical ornaments are lush patterns with medallions, curbs, filled in four directions with spaces. This is the Beijing style of weaving.
For Chinese carpets is characterized by careful study of the smallest details. The color scheme is the same for all provinces: white, red, black, beige, yellow, blue. For export there are products of pastel tones: pink, turquoise, dark blue. They are ideal for European interiors.
The best are Kashmiri silk carpets. The wall is usually woven from silk on silk (the most expensive) or on the basis of cotton. Floor - it's carpets "wool with silk".
Carpets from India are famous for the combination of pink, red, blue, green, yellow flowers. They are made in modern or classical design. Classics implies an ornament of plants and flowers - symbols of renewal, health, luck. Modern style
- it's straight lines, glowing in the dark thanks to a special treatment.
Attractive carpets with Goa: the ligature of patterns from trees, exotic birds, animals, flowers, with an intense rich color scheme.
Is it real or not?
Carpets made of natural silk are always expensive. But not every expensive sample is real. Difficulties in identifying create the similarity of products made of silk and viscose. Nevertheless, there are ways to establish the truth.
- Price. Handmade is done in a single copy, so it's not cheap. He does not need discounts, because he is bought at a high price.
- Combustion. Synthetics, burning, spreads the plastic spirit, the cotton turns into ashes, as from paper. The silk melts, exhaling the smell of the hair. It's hard to check this: burning an expensive thing, even a single bundle, is a pity.
- Friction. More humane, but not one hundred percent way. If you rub the natural silk, it will become warmer. However, viscose also heats up.
- Structure. When twisting in a roll of silk fibers do not crack, do not crack, their structure is not broken, as in viscose.
- Tactile sensations. To the touch, this silk is pleasant, soft, elastic. This easily crumples.
- Certificate. Like any expensive commodity, handmade silk carpets are always supplied with relevant documents confirming the quality and origin. The lack of them from the seller clearly indicates a forgery.
If there is no certainty, you should contact a specialized laboratory.
Hand-car or car?
Does the carpet store the warmth of the human hands that weaved it, as the seller swears, can be installed on several grounds.
- Fringe. Manufactured manually, it is created from warp yarns. To the machine product sew, that give out ties on the side skin.
- Identity of the face and the underside. In the manual version, both sides are the same in brightness. The machine work of the wrong side is dull.
- Substrate. In machine samples, a difficult-to-knit glue base. For products of manual work, flexible threads are used.
- Pile. In the hand-maid thick, without lumens, tight. Used wool base with an ornament of silk or pure silk.
- "Defects". A person weaving, for example, Iranian carpets, is not a robot or a computer, so his work is not as perfect as the thousands of clones stamped by the machine. But this is all the charm: a little noticeable deviations in the pattern or tonality, barely perceptible symmetry breaking. They are unique, it is very difficult to make a "twin".
- Label «Handmade» on the carpet from the wrong side.
On these grounds it is possible to distinguish the product of machine work from manual and to buy a really unique thing.
Care of the rules
Silk carpets are durable, but they are easily and quickly contaminated. Regardless of the method of manufacture, delicacy is required when using and careful care, which is as follows:
- vacuuming in any way impossible, especially with household chemicals, so as not to destroy the structure of the carpet;
- from dust get rid of, monthly shaking out;
- clean in the direction of the nap with a soft brush or suede;
- stains are removed with a weak solution of soda;
- The solid fragments that fall on it are cleaned without delay, the liquid is carefully collected (never to rub!) from the carpet;
- Dry the product in the shade and at a natural temperature (without heating the hair dryer, stacking on the battery or under the direct sun).
These requirements apply and if you have artificial silk carpets. They are also attractive, but do not require increased attention and give owners much less trouble.
A heavily soiled natural silk carpet requires only dry cleaning. Cleaning silk carpets - an event costly, but at home to take into account all the nuances is impossible. It is better not to save, because it is even more expensive.
Compliance with these rules will prolong the life of a valuable thing. It will last longer and become a family heirloom.
Silk carpets in the interior
They, like any natural material, resist abrasion much better than synthetics, quickly get dirty, and professional cleaning of silk carpets is not cheap. Therefore, they are not stolut in rooms with intensive movement and a large number of people. In private housing, the best solution is an office or a bedroom. In public places such as restaurants or hotels, these are the attributes of VIP zones. They give status to the office of the head or business person.
It is better to hang it on the wall: beauty will manifest itself to the maximum, they will be admired from all sides and angles.
Such coatings fit organically into oriental or classical interiors. Spacious premises will decorate the product of any color and tone, small rooms - light pastel shades.