More and more you can see the unusual design solutions in the bedroom. A bed is a key figure in the interior of this room. Much depends on the location of the room, its size and the preferences of the owner of the bedroom. Ideally, if the bedroom is moved to the attic, because there you can place a hanging bed. With proper imagination, such an unusual bed will complement the space of the apartment. The main thing is that there is enough room to suspend such a swing.
The peculiarity of the floating bed
Most of the beds that are attached to the ceiling, resemble cozy nests. They want to dig in and wait out all adversity. This is an incredibly cozy bed-swing, giving the feeling of flight in a dream. Such original furniture has its own peculiarities, which should be taken into account:
- For children, this furniture is not suitable. With a great desire to save the situation can only a number of additional anchorages. The child's hanging bed should be well fixed and avoid the possibility of injury.
- If you suffer from seasickness, then this bed does not suit you at all.
- The installation of a swing bed is quite laborious and high in the price category. If you want to sleep in a safe place and do not worry that the bed breaks, then do not save on it.
If you are not sure that the ceiling can withstand the load, then pay attention to round or oval models. Although it seems that they are more suitable for giving, but also in the apartment look amazing. Such models are much easier and easier to assemble.
Wherever you hang a bed, whether it's in the interior of the villa, or in the attic of your house - a bed on hanging designs is always a very special, extravagant element.
The key point is that the bed is not just a complement to the interior, but fully fit into it in style and color scheme. You need to consider all the points. For example, a pendant bed of rectangular shape looks cumbersome. While the round creates the effect of grace.
Pros and cons of the air box
There are no legs on the ceiling suspended from the ceiling for the floor. This is what adds to the weightlessness of the interior.
- There is an additional place for light and air.
- In the presence of a soaring bed, there is every opportunity to create such a floor as you want. You can pay special attention to the floor covering, make it a work of art.
- If you decide to create under the bed the same form of chest where you will store things, you will create the feeling of a levitating bed, but the effect of the free floor will disappear.
Moments that make up certain complications or inconveniences must also be taken into account.
- The difficulty of installing such a bed in the installation. The suspended bed can be fixed to the ceiling, or mounted in a wall.
- When reaching visually unloaded space, the hanging bed is not able to save space. It will always be the center of the interior, occupying a significant part of it.
- Cleaning should be done much more often. Because the open floor must remain clean.
- The flying bed is always swinging. For some it is a plus, but for someone a disadvantage. Someone likes "rocking" in a dream, and someone moving a bed with any movement can be annoying. If you refer yourself to the latter, then the cradle for an adult person is a disadvantage for you - it is necessary to choose a hanging bed on a rigid fixed structure.
Hanging bed options
An anchorage that will hold you and the bed is the main key point in all suspension systems. Note that the surface to which you will attach the bed, should be very reliable and durable. That is, decorative ceiling beams do not fit a priori. To the unreliable walls and ceiling, a massive hanging bed can not be attached.
The most important thing in a hanging bed is a correct and reliable attachment that will withstand the weight of the bed and the people sleeping on it. Most of the outboard beds have a double bed. The bed, like a swing, looks very romantic, but should be safe. Very important is the strength of the mounting surface, that is, it is impossible to mount a massive suspended bed in a wall made of plasterboard or on a thin decorative ceiling beam.
Mounting the hanging bed over the ceiling
The most used option for fixing the bed is the ceiling. To imagine this type of attachment, it is worth remembering the garden sofa-swing. The fundamental point in the suspension of the air bed is to make the correct calculation of the power of its fastening, which will carry not only the load of the structure itself, but also the people who will use this bed.
The classic option -
anchor loops, mounted in the ceiling, or a beam, if it's an attic. Through them, ropes or chains are threaded, at the ends of which the bed is fixed. This is a soft mount that will allow the bed to swing. If you want to limit its amplitude, you can hang the bed close to the wall or into the corner. In order not to upholstery the walls, it is worthwhile to build a buffer of felt or rubber, attaching it to the wall.
Mount the bed to the wall
The bed looks magically fascinating, if visually fastenings will not be seen at all. The effect of levitation of furniture in the air is created. The bed does not touch the floor, nor is it fixed to the ceiling, but is in a state of soaring.
To the bed does not resemble a swing, to strengthen the bed to one wall is quite difficult, since this design requires a very powerful reinforcing mesh, which will be the carrier base. Much easier and more reliable installation of a bed in a corner. Then it can be mounted on two flat supports, mounted in the walls. If the bed is very heavy, then you can use an inconspicuous trick - in the center of the bed is added one inconspicuous leg, which is practically not visible from the outside.
Sometimes a suspended lifting bed is attached to one wall in the manner of upper shelves in trains. This will add a touch of travel to the rest. Especially if you make the beds two-story. This variant of beds can be used in a nursery, or in small-footage rooms. If the bed is lifted, it will save a lot of space. This option is ideal for small apartments.
Double fastening of hanging beds
A suspended bed can also be reinforced with an anchor stretch from below. It can be done in the center of the bed base, or be organized around the edges or corners. This will allow the bed to stay dynamic, but do not dangle from side to side. This option of stabilizing the position of the bed in space is used in case there are children in the house or people who do not tolerate rocking. The upper anchors must be made of very strong alloys.
Bed-swing can be strengthened like a hammock, stretching it between two walls. This method is not convenient for a spacious room, but it is ideal for a narrow bedroom.
A bedroom, a nursery or a cottage?
What place to choose for a hanging bed? Be extraordinary and hang a bed in the attic of your house. Choose any suitable attachment that will reliably hold the sleeping swings. Turn the attic into a cozy bedroom or a place where you can spend a cozy romantic evening in the company of a good book and a cup of hot chocolate, watching the snow flakes gently circling the window. A warm bachelorette party can take place in such a unique room that your attic will turn into.
A holiday house equipped with a hanging bed can become a favorite place for your guests to relax. Located on the terrace of the cottage a small bed helps to relax not only the body, but also the soul, because it is accompanied by contemplation of nature. To arrange a bed near the pool is a great idea. As if ancient Roman beds had once again surfaced from the depths of history.
The option of a raised bed is a powerful tool for saving insufficient space in the interior. It can be used both in the nursery and in the country. More often the beds that fold to the wall are designed for one place. Whatever it was, the hanging bed is trendy and over-original, despite the fact that it has deeply historical roots.