A children's room is not just a rest area for a baby. This is his first personal space, the first field for creativity and realization, the main playground and his own world. At the age of 6-8 years, children make important discoveries - is it worth saying that the design of this room should be detailed?
Priority principles of design of a children's room
Regardless of the sex of the child, the basic rules must always apply to the planning and design of the nursery:
- materials used at each stage, from painting the walls, to placing decorative elements, must strictly comply with sanitary standards and be environmentally friendly;
- maximum comfort and minimal traumatic danger in everything - a pledge of innumerable happy hours spent by a toddler in a nursery;
- the more light there is in the room, the more positive and spirited the child is - this is applicable both to natural lighting and when planning the placement of artificial light sources;
- the design of a room for a child of 6-8 years implies the use of bright and saturated colors in the interior - this will have a beneficial effect on the development of the imagination and the creative abilities of the baby, provided that the colors used are not aggressive and caustic.
Children's planning for a child 6-8 years old
The age of the visit to the first class, the first serious hobbies, active development of reading and writing skills determines the layout itself - the recreation area and the work and play area should be clearly delineated and maximally functional. Here are some practical tips:
- The working part of the nursery should be fully illuminated and take into account the individual characteristics of the baby: the growth (which means the height of the table and chair), the working arm (right-handed or left-handed), etc.
- In 6-8 years the child is surrounded by a mass of his own subjects: textbooks and manuals, toys and materials for creativity, favorite books and first collections. All this requires space for storage. Instead of cluttering free space with shelving and lockers, it is better to purchase a comprehensive design that includes both the workplace, space for creative pursuits, and ergonomic niches for storage.
- If the area of the nursery is very limited, then its design should be based on the desire to use every half a meter of space: in a niche under the window sill you can mount a locker, in between the crib and dresser you can put a bright box for storing toys, etc.
Advice of specialists
Pediatricians and child psychologists emphasize that the design of the space in which the baby is growing directly affects the pace and quality of development of his abilities, the formation of the psyche and emotional intelligence. Therefore, their recommendations must be taken into account when repairing and decorating the nursery:
- For the boy's room 6-8 years, the most organic are pure, natural colors of cold shades - traditional blue and blue, variations of gray and white, green, purple and ultramarine. A harmonious combination of the application of these colors in the design of walls, windows and floors, as well as furniture chosen according to this, contribute to the favorable formation of a small man.
- Girls aged 6-8 years tend to warm shades (the whole gamut of pink yellow and beige) and unobtrusive prints (small flowers, plant motifs, traditional "girlish" images) - the room designed according to these principles will become the basis for the full development of the little princess.
- Taking into account the interests, inclinations and preferences of the child in the planning and design of the room is a competent way to educate a harmonious person. Encouraging the child to embrace the activities that are interesting to him will open the baby's potential, diversify his worldview, and maybe even decide on the life's business! Therefore, in the children's girl, keen on dancing, it is worth placing a large mirror and music center; assiduous child, who loves to spend his spare time mastering crafts must necessarily equip a functional and ergonomic workplace for creativity; The all-knowing kid needs convenient ways of storing his books and films so that he can reach them and easily put things in order in the collection.
Successful decorating techniques
If the functionality and color solutions are in order, then it's time to move on to the most interesting stage of design work in children's - decoration. Filling the baby's room with competently selected details will give the interior a finish and create a cosiness.
- bright mats - not only great accessories, but also a way to make the room softer in direct and figurative senses;
- painting walls with safe acrylic paints is an opportunity to make children's individually emphasized, applying the desired motifs, patterns or inscriptions;
- hanging decor elements (figurines, asterisks, flowers, transport, etc.) strung on a fishing line and hanging from the ceiling make the room voluminous and "alive" - kids love such accessories!
Summing up the issue of design of children's for children aged 6-8 years, it should be said that the trends of stylistic trends should never overshadow the main aspects - child safety, full comfort of wakefulness and rest, lots of light and maximum functionality of each square centimeter. Child, designed with all these principles in mind, makes a big contribution to a truly happy childhood!