Choose wallpaper for girls is more difficult than for teenage boys. All the blame is a special sense of aesthetics, a thirst to surround yourself with something unique and fabulous. Little princesses want their home abode to fully comply with the philosophy of life, personifying dreams and desires.
The interior of children's rooms is ideally formed by parents, referring to the wishes of their children. We need a special approach, the ability to listen to the wishes of the smallest members of the family, as well as having a good taste.
The girl's room at 5-10 years old must embody a world filled with kindness, tenderness, and love. Correctly matched wallpaper for children will be the ideal basis for the formation of a beautiful, cozy, magical interior.
Basic selection criteria
In order for a child, regardless of age and sex, to feel comfortable and comfortable in his own room, it is important to think about the interior to the smallest detail. The health of the baby, both physical and psychological, is most important. When selecting wallpapers in a room for a girl or a boy, parents should be guided by the following criteria:
- The naturalness of materials is a priority. On how much quality and safe material for wall finishing, the microclimate in the room, and hence the baby's well-being, will depend;
- Paper or liquid wallpaper should not contain toxic materials or any chemical impurities that would be potentially hazardous;
- The color of the wallpaper for the children's room, as well as the material itself, must be practical, easy to clean;
- No matter what beautiful wallpaper parents have chosen, the design should please the child.
It is important to take into account the opinion of the child, even if he is 5 years old or less. The task of parents is to find safe and practical materials that will please the small inhabitant of the room.
Before considering variants of wallpaper in terms of design, it is necessary to determine which type of finishing materials will be used for the improvement of the children's room. Conditionally, all kinds of finishing materials for walls by the type of tapestries can be divided into the following categories:
- Paper wallpaper - simple, affordable material. They are ideal for the children's room in terms of environmental friendliness, but such canvases can not be washed and it is difficult in principle to clean even the slightest dirt;
- Natural linens. Wallpapers in the children's room for girls can be presented with rice paper or bamboo. Cloths are safe and beautiful, but also difficult to clean. The material is considered quite expensive and does not always fit into the interior of the children's room. Usually, such paintings are purchased in the bedroom or living room;
- Vinyl and interlining. Practical, durable and easy-care linens are relatively inexpensive. However, with such wallpaper, the whole room of the nursery should not be pasted. Such a finish does not allow the walls to "breathe", which means that it will not be good for the baby's health. Alternatively, non-woven or vinyl can be combined with paper.
Also in the nursery for the girl you can find liquid wallpaper. This is a relatively new type of interior wall finishing. Liquid wallpaper is a specific decorative coating, which is also called silk plaster.
It is a cellulose mixture that contains pigments and various decorative impurities. A harmless natural substance is sold in dry form. Before the beginning of the finishing works, the dry mixture is diluted with water, immediately proceeding to decorating the surfaces. Choosing the liquid wallpaper, it is necessary to take into account not only the design, but also the type. There are cotton, silk, cellulosic and silk-cellulose types.
3D wallpapers - perfect
Wallpaper 3D is a tempting novelty that captivates many with its original presentation, dynamic drawing and exclusivity. Such decorating will also please the young girl teenager, and will be like a capricious girl of 12 years.
3D wallpapers are made of environmentally friendly materials. They are resistant to mechanical damage, fireproof and are easy to handle with detergents. By the minuses can be attributed only the high cost of the goods. However, buying fashionable wallpaper for the girl, you can not worry at all about the quality and performance characteristics.
In fact, absolutely any wallpaper in the interior has its advantages and disadvantages. Sometimes it is much easier to combine several types of tapestries on the same premises at once to get a really satisfactory result. However, there are such types of finishing from which, in principle, it is worth noting.
It's about fashionable fabric or velor trellis. Quality products are very expensive. They really look very impressive and pretentious. However, expensive embroidery, gold embossing, extravagant floral decorations for girls 10-13 years will be inappropriate.
For very young children, such an aristocratic wallpaper design will be unacceptable in principle. It is worth remembering that fabric fabrics have the special feature of accumulating dust, and this is absolutely unacceptable in the baby's room.
Not knowing which wallpaper to choose, it is better to always give preference to light shades. Among the universal colors, it is worth highlighting a medium-sized ornament or moderate prints. For walls with many details (watches, shelves, mirrors, photographs, panels) it is better to choose a plain wallpaper or to combine 2 to 3 different shades.
If there is a desire to give more "elegance" to the room, you can supplement the monophonic canvases with any stickers. Among the individually selected decorations, flowers, animal figures, fairy-tale characters and abstraction are very popular.
Do not underestimate the "psychology" of each color. Selected wallpaper will allow to influence the child's mind gently and delicately. For example, if a child is passive, it is possible to stimulate his activity with the help of such colors:
- Brown (classical style for girls from 15 to 21 years);
- Green (ekostyle);
- Blue and green (thematic installations on the sea theme);
- Pink motifs (imitation of fabulous apartments for the princess);
- Sand colors (for gentle romantic interiors).
Orange tones are suitable for creating a positive atmosphere, a summer relaxed atmosphere. Pure yellow shades like kids, prone to active creative activity. Lemon and sponge cakes inspire, allow faster generation of interesting ideas.
The red palette is not very suitable for children's rooms. If scarlet tones really like, it is better to choose them as key accents. For example, a delicate pearly background can be decorated with scarlet flowers.
The younger the child, the more interesting for him will be the so-called story tapestries. There is a lot of thematic:
- Heroes of any cartoon;
- Fairy tale characters;
- Rainbow and other natural manifestations;
- Inhabitants of the seabed;
- Reptiles and various exotic;
- Situational images;
- Unusual flowers;
The plot compositions are rather complicated from the position of design. Just paste wallpaper or 3d trellis will not be enough. Here are just a few examples of interesting solutions.
As a background choose gentle emerald shades with turquoise, coffee and rich olive tones. One of the walls, not burdened with furniture and accessories, decorated with wallpaper on the theme of exotic jungle.
Indoors house flowers: palms, orchids and other "thematic" plants. If a girl loves soft toys, the room has toys of "traditional" inhabitants of exotic forests.
If a small princess lives in the room, the room is decorated in the appropriate direction. Pink monophonic wallpaper decorated with a picture of fairy flowers, over which flutter fairy fairies or butterflies.
Particular attention is paid to textiles. These are delicate air curtains of brocade, decorated with sequins and pearls. Other important attributes must necessarily be decorated in the "royal style".
A house of fairy tales
Walls can be designed like a fairy-tale abode of favorite characters from fairy tales or cartoons. For example, in the popular cartoon "Masha and the Bear" it is good to consider the situation in the house of the bear. The interior of the house in the forest can be repeated in the baby's room.
Similarly, you can select other thematic installations: the house of Winnie the Pooh, the ocean floor, the captain's cabin of the pirate ship, the palace of the Eastern Sultan. Before you start choosing the finishes, textiles and furniture, it's worth to learn the opinion of the child. His opinion should be given priority.