Most owners of apartments wallpaper for the bathroom is not considered in principle, because in the representation of an ordinary person, paper wallpaper next to water and heat will not survive a few days. Somewhat more often they cover the walls of the toilet with wall-paper, but here they try to do more with tiles. Is it really so hopeless and you can not find wallpaper for the bathroom? Or do we simply do not know a lot about the properties of the usual materials?
Wallpaper in the bathroom - glue or not?
The main and serious claims to the wallpaper - active absorption of moisture from the air and swelling when water splashes fall. Therefore, wallpaper for the bathroom is defined as extremely short-lived and "flimsy" material.
- If not properly pasted away from the walls.
- Paper wallpaper deformed instantly.
- Water "finds" the glue under the wallpaper and destroys.
It turns out - in the bathroom interior they do not fit in any way? Nothing like this! The advantages of branded wallpaper, suitable for pasting bathrooms, largely overshadow their shortcomings.
- Wallpaper for the bathroom is much cheaper than tiled coatings.
- Glue the wallpaper is easier than tiling or put the panel of plastic. You can manage on your own.
- It is easy to change the design of the bathroom or toilet, paste on the ceiling wallpaper, "pushing" the space.
- Finishing the new wallpaper is fast.
- Incredible variety of offers allows you to choose any wallpaper you like.
Features of choice
The right choice of wallpaper in the bathroom - half the success of the case. They must necessarily be moisture resistant, preferably with the marking "three waves". Special requirements for glue:
- Presence of antifungal additives.
- High resistance to moisture.
- Increased degree of adhesion.
- Resistance to temperature changes.
- Account of the type of wallpaper to be used.
Do not glue conventional paper (or paper-based) wallpaper on a simple universal adhesive.
Types of wallpapers
There are special types of wallpaper that have proved to be very useful when pasting in the bathroom. They can be glued to the ceiling or walls with equal success in order to create their own, special interior.
Inexpensive wall-papers in a bathroom. They have a special coating, which protects from delamination and penetration of moisture into the deep layers of the canvas. Well rubbed with a sponge, some just wash. Due to this, mold and fungus do not develop on the surface of the walls.
Special notes on the package:
- One wave is water resistant.
- Two waves - it is permissible to wipe with a sponge.
- Three waves - wash well.
According to practitioners, an option for those who are not afraid to glue new wallpaper for a few months and likes to change the interior.
Washable vinyl wallpaper for a bathroom based on non-woven fabric or paper, the top layer of polyvinyl chloride. Can be on foamed vinyl without embossing, compact vinyl and based on rubberized vinyl.
Features that are important when pasting walls of a bathroom or toilet:
- Often contain antifungal agents.
- They give an opportunity to create an exclusive interior.
- Heavy vinyl perfectly equals the walls.
- Satin vinyls are well washed, including cleaning agents, very durable.
- Wallpaper based on rubberized vinyl is particularly resistant to dampness and mechanical stress.
- Do not lose color even with frequent contact with water.
Those who want to paste these wallpapers in the bathroom need to be taken into consideration - the vinyls are stretched when spreading the glue, and when compressed, they are compressed. Use glue for this type of wallpaper only.
The quality gives a fairly high price, but despite this vinyl wallpaper, suitable for the bathroom, are in constant demand.
Washable wallpaper for the bathroom, consisting of glass threads of different thickness with impregnation to stabilize the fiber. Embossed, with ornament, sometimes smooth. Glass-fiber wallpaper is easy to glue, but difficult to clean.
- The natural composition of fiber.
- Impossible to form mold and fungi.
- Completely moisture resistant.
- Multiple repainting is allowed.
- Cleaning with chemicals and brushes is permitted.
- Long serve.
Rules for working with wallpaper: a special adhesive for heavy wallpaper should only be applied to the wall, paint on the ceiling and walls should not be applied for more than a day. Wallpaper with a pattern is simply glued on without further coloring.
Glass-fiber wallpaper - ideal for bathrooms and toilets.
Non-woven fleece gloves
Wallpaper based on durable nonwoven material. The coating layer is a polymer. What fliseline wallpaper is better to choose? Any. With a finished structure or under painting, with a smooth or embossed surface.
- They pass air, but not steam.
- Do not absorb odors.
- Mask the unevenness of the walls.
- Good glue.
- Very strong.
The best are considered non-woven wallpaper, but they are less frequent and cost more. It is easier to buy vinyl-non-woven wallpaper, where a layer of polyvinyl chloride is applied on the basis of non-woven PVC.
Liquid wallpaper in the bathroom have a special technique of application, since they exist initially in the form of a powder or liquid.
The technique of "pasting":
- Observance of the temperature regime - not warmer than 15 degrees.
- Priming the walls.
- Breeding wallpaper with water-based dye.
- Distribution on the ceiling and walls with a spray gun or roller.
- For wallpaper to become moisture-resistant, be sure to cover them with acrylic lacquer.
- Contain a natural basis.
- They dry up in two days.
- Completely hide the defects of walls and ceiling coating due to filling them with wallpaper paste.
- Well "hold" the color.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Keep the heat.
- Give a creative design.
- Just being repaired.
- They serve several years.
Modern high-quality liquid wallpaper in the bathroom "save" from fogging mirrors and wooden surfaces from high humidity.
Kind of wallpaper, which on the reverse side of the roll has an adhesive layer. When buying for a bathroom it is necessary to have an icon that allows operation in a room with high humidity. Glue is not needed. A serious drawback - the obligatory perfect flat walls in the bathroom.
This includes wallpaper. A good budget option for those who will be able to find moisture-resistant options and glue, "not amenable" to high temperatures and the impact of water. Most photo wallpapers on the bathroom need to be combined, since there is not enough "one story" for the whole volume of the room.
A new trend in decoration - ceramic wallpaper in the bathroom. Other names: "flexible ceramics", ccflex. The combination of the advantages of tile coating and standard wallpapers. The basis - a polymer cloth, the finish of the coating - particles of ceramics.
Interesting design is combined with environmental friendliness. The material has no limitation on the service life. Large selection of surfaces.
Ceramic wallpaper can be "seated" only on a perfectly flat surface, using a tile adhesive or a mixture of cement and sand. Obligatory compliance with technology.
Some useful tips
Pasting with wall-paper of a bathroom assumes observance of some simple, but important rules.
- Before work, the walls are leveled, processed from the fungus, primed.
- Pasting is done only with the use of glue with an increased level of adhesion and the addition of an antifungal formulation.
- Adhesive mass is applied first to the wall.
- Particular attention is paid to lubrication joints.
- In places of direct contact with water (above the sink, bathtub) take another material.
Wallpaper for finishing the bathroom while still the most budgetary and easy to implement option. Which ones are suitable for your premises? Choose the best option based on financial capabilities, personal taste, durability and environmental friendliness of the material.