More recently, communications in the toilet and bathroom were in sight and it was absolutely normal, but time does not stand still. And now, the presence of wires, meters and pipes can easily be hidden behind decorative panels, which, during maintenance, provide them with free access. For such intentions and adapt special mechanisms - plumbing hatches.
In accordance with the purpose of the room, its parameters and type of finishing, the dimensions of the hatch for the bathroom and kitchen are calculated. A properly selected revision hatch will become completely invisible or be a beautiful decorative interior decoration.
Sanitary hatches for the bathroom and toilet are a frame with a door, hinged. The main material can be plastic, metal, gypsum board, fasteners are made of durable metal.
Plastic hatches are mostly white. They are suitable for any shade of tiles and are considered a neutral element. Sanitary metal hatch differs only in the material of manufacture and the highest price. They stand almost twice as high as plastic ones.
Cheap option is the hatch with gypsum cardboard door. However, its expiration date and operational properties leave much to be desired. If everything rests on the price category, it is advisable to choose a device made of plastic.
Hatches are classified according to several signs.
Types of referral:
Impact on the interior:
- under the tile or painting.
Features of hatches:
- Construction under the tile. The invisible hatch is fixed to the wall, the surface is faced with tiles or granite. Behind the hatch hid valves, pipes and other devices. After installation, ceramic tiles are applied on them. A feature of tile devices is strength, and the ability to withstand any facing material.
- Sanitary hatch for painting. They adapt to a wall or ceiling, they are very light. In addition to tiling, walls and hatch can be smeared with paint or glue wallpaper on them. They are on hinges or with removable doors. Any "paint" devices are made of aluminum, so that it does not rust after coating the decorative material. The best conditions for installation are plasterboard walls, suspended ceilings, but can be installed in wooden, brick bases if necessary. A characteristic feature is the absence of handles, closing devices. Opening is carried out with the help of a push mechanism, and closing - with a special lock.
Select the revision device follows the location and further planning of the repair.
Features of choice
First you need to decide on the material. The steel hatch is best placed in places with low humidity. Plastic or aluminum (their dimensions are the same) can be installed in any room, they will withstand different temperatures and aggressiveness of the environment.
When choosing, pay attention to:
- Moisture resistance.
- Possibility to decorate with other materials.
- The location of the doors (as they open).
- The size.
- Wear resistance and impact resistance.
The main requirements for stability are imposed on the ceiling, floor structures. Floor hatches must be resistant to external influences, have a strong mechanism and have additional security, sound insulation. The doors of the ceiling models should be light, with the provided way of closing (in order not to open accidentally). Such hatches are more often used in commercial premises, garages.
In apartments and houses, wall hatchways are used more. It depends on many reasons: simplicity and convenience of installation, space saving, choice in building stores is very large.
The plumbing pressure hatch is made on push systems, it opens with a slight pressure on the outer panel. The doors are foldable, sliding, open on one or two sides.
Due to this mechanism, the device is not equipped with handles and is not formed by suckers. Due to this, the surface of the door is decorated with various materials, including a relief tile.
The hatch under the pressure plate has the following features:
- ease of use;
- reliability (the unintentional opening of the door is excluded);
- absence of superfluous elements;
- fast installation;
- complete freedom in decorating.
Such systems are opened in two steps: after pressing the door slightly shifts in the side, then becomes noticeable. The lid can be easily pushed aside in the position that has been opened. Such constructions are put both in a toilet, and in bathrooms. They are installed near the installation with a toilet and almost invisible.
A plumbing toilet hatch in the toilet is a fairly popular design thanks to the conventional opening system. Its mechanism is absolutely simple - the door is connected to the frame by two hinges. Spontaneously they do not swing open because of roller-wedge latches.
In the opened position, the tiled door is at the level with the base. A suction cup or a locking handle is attached to the sash.
Advantages of hatch hatches are:
- comparative simplicity of performance and installation;
- it is possible to place on the wall and floor;
- affordable cost.
Such a plumbing hatch for tiles can be installed independently without causing plumbers.
Such designs are well adapted where it is difficult to open or move the door. When pressing on the leaf, it opens at an angle of 45 °, fastened to chains with carbines. Usually this is enough to check the communications or rewrite the water meter readings. When it is necessary to allow full access (for repair operations), the carbines are disconnected, and the hatch is completely removed.
Advantages of folding hatchways:
- the possibility of using in hard-to-reach places;
- The leaflets are easily removed and open freely.
The only drawback is the inconvenience of installing the door, and after each detachment it may be necessary to correct its position.
They are used in small spaces where it is not possible to put swinging doors. At pressing, the hatch is pulled forward first, then to the side. There is a magnetic clamping locking system. For opening, special suction cups or a push mechanism are used.
The plumbing hatch on magnets has such advantages:
- to open the door, do not need a lot of space in front of the hatch;
- light weight of the door, so the load on the hinges is minimal.
The disadvantages are:
- more complex installation;
- impossibility of fixation on the floor;
- high price.
Suitable for various types of tiles or bathroom tiles mosaic. Hatches come in different sizes, can be placed under the tub, for the toilet, for the installation.
Plumbing roller shutters
Roller shutters are widely used as blinds for hiding communications. They are installed in the bathroom, because they occupy very little space.
Roller shutters are specially designed blinds that are wound on a constructed shaft. Such a device is very convenient, it reliably hides counters, pipes in the room.
The material can be purchased such rollers:
The most accessible are plastic shutters. They are inexpensive to stand, well withstand high humidity and look beautiful.
- a huge choice with different shades and patterns;
- free access to communications;
- strong mechanism;
- long service life;
- high resistance to moisture;
- possibility to place in any bathroom, toilet;
- just give in to coloring, decoration.
- plastic structures quickly collect dust;
- come across when buying a structure of poor quality.
Plumbing roller blinds are mainly located above the toilet, some of them even able to hide the installation. They will hide all non-aesthetic communications, leaving free access for replacement and repair.
From the correct choice of the plumbing overhead hatch and its size, comfortable living in the house depends. Having installed a suitable device, it can be easily inspected or repaired if necessary. Communications should be reachable, but do not spoil the external picture of the room.