Designers advise adding mirrors to the interior to add lightness to space, but many do not dare to take such a step, considering that the mirror in the bedroom is not the place. A bedroom is a room where one wants to relax after a tired person, so the atmosphere of this room should be soothing and relaxing.
Tips for Feng Shui experts on how to arrange a mirror in the bedroom
Mirrors favorably influence the energy of the house, but they should be placed carefully in the bedroom. If the mirrors in the bedroom are disposed wrong, they will absorb positive emotions.
Experts in Feng Shui prohibit the installation of mirrors in the following places:
- Opposite the bed - according to this Chinese teaching, the soul of a man leaves his earthly shell during sleep, so she should not rest against her reflection. This will negatively affect the quality of sleep, the sleeper will be tormented by nightmares, and his body will not really rest. Bad emotions must leave a person in a dream, and a mirror surface returns them back.
- Opposite the matrimonial bed - this arrangement leads to treason. To the couple, reflected in the mirror, the "third person" is attracted.
- Opposite the door - mirrors have the property of accumulating energy at home both positive and negative. If the mirror is hanging in front of the door, it sucks out much more energy from the hosts than usual. Circulation is disturbed, negative flows are coming from outside, and the mirror is trying to balance them.
The mirror should be above the head of the bed, in a dimly lit part of the room, for example, on a table in the corner, to attract beneficial energy. It can also be placed on the ceiling, if the bed is not reflected.
Variants of the arrangement of mirrors in the bedroom
We bring to your attention the successful variants of how to arrange mirrors in the bedroom.
Mirrors for decoration
Mirrors, located so that they can not be looked at, perform an exclusively decorative function. In this mirror will create a glare on the opposite side of the room, reflecting the light. If the sizes of mirror canvases are different, you will get an original game of chiaroscuro. This will visibly enliven the interior of the bedroom. This idea is generally popular with tenants, so designers even create mirror-like suns that reflect the light from the window.
Mirrors in color frameworks can be a bright color accent, and mirror compositions with a white or pastel frame make the design of the room more clean and quiet.
Wall mirrors of rounded forms are like raindrops or seawater. They will perfectly fit into the interior in the Mediterranean or modern styles. An interesting option for bedroom design will be the use of artificially aged mirrors - for a classic style or a retro interior.
Mirror at the head of the bed
Mirror above the bed is a traditional variant of decorating a bedroom. The height at which mirrors should be placed is not fundamental. Focus on the center of the wall. And then you can place a little lower or higher depending on your personal preferences.
The head can be decorated with a row of rectangular or curved mirrors. Usually they are of the same shape and size, but no one forbids experimenting. Above the bed, you can hang a whole mirror canvas, and if you wish, you can also make a mirror wall.
Many women find it necessary to put a table with a mirror in their bedroom. It is on this practical piece of furniture you can put lovely little things, cosmetics and jewelry. Often the dressing table is associated with the past, and its exquisite appearance adds vintage charm to the room.
Dressing tables with a mirror for the bedroom make the room more feminine and cozy, especially if the mirrors have an oval or round shape. If you live with a man and want the interior to be too feminine, then choose a table in the style of minimalism with a square or rectangular mirror.
Usually a mirror with a mirror in the bedroom is located on the side of the bed. If you bought a table with an opening mirror, then it can be placed anywhere. The advantage of this piece of furniture is that it can be used not only for its intended purpose. The folding mirror can be removed and the surface used as a workplace. This opportunity is useful to those whose housing does not have outstanding dimensions.
A chest of drawers with a mirror in the bedroom can be an alternative to the table. A large number of necessary things can easily fit on the shelf. If the store did not find such a thing, then you can easily build it yourself, hanging a mirror over the dresser.
A drawer with a mirror in the bedroom is also an excellent option. Especially well look symmetrically set paired nightstands. Depending on the size of the room, they can be of different sizes. Creativity can be shown by choosing mirrors for bedside tables. The shape and size depend only on your imagination, you can even create a unique mirror composition.
In the bedroom, not only take care of the skin and apply make-up, but also dress. Mirror in full growth will allow you to carefully examine your appearance. A large mirror can be hung on the wall at a growth level, but this is too obvious a solution to this problem.
Floor mirrors for a bedroom can become a "highlight" of your interior. They easily fit into any style: for example, for modern design, you can choose a mirror of non-standard shape, and a mirror with an ornate frame will be ideal for baroque.
Floor mirrors can be simply leaning against the wall, but this requires a spacious room. Even such mirrors are heavy, so constantly moving them will be difficult. If the bedroom is a small size, then consider a variant with psyche. It is easy to move to view your outfit in different lighting, and also this mirror can be installed under the desired slope.
A wardrobe with a mirror in the bedroom is the right choice for owners of a spacious room. Particularly elegant look in the built-in wardrobe cabinets. In this case, this rather large piece of furniture does not clutter up space, but compactly merges with the wall and becomes its mirror part.
But not only the wardrobe can visually increase the size of the room. Even a small cabinet with swinging doors will cope with this. It also has a good capacity to store your things, and in the doors you can safely see yourself in full growth. For elongated rooms a corner cabinet with mirrors is suitable. He will visually enlarge the narrow bedroom.
In order not to lose by calculating the size of the future cabinet, listen to the recommendations of leading designers. They argue that if the area of the room is half-filled with furniture, then such a room will not be beautiful. First, decide on the size of the bed. Starting from its size, count how much space you will allocate to the cabinet, bedside tables, chairs and other furniture.
How to care for mirrors
If you do not take care of the mirror surface, then it will lose its luster, so it is important to get acquainted with information on how to properly care for the mirror to extend its life:
- Due to excessive humidity, the mirror is covered with spots. Do not clean more than once a month.
- If direct sunlight falls on the surface, then it will quickly fade. Try to hang the mirror differently.
- Do not use window cleaners. Because of ammonia, which is in the composition, a thin layer of silver is washed off.
- If the mirror does not shine enough, moisten the linen flap with a strong tea infusion, squeeze the rag well and wipe the surface. This method was also used by our grandmothers. Also, salt water will add brilliance.
- For weekly care, wipe the mirror surface with a dry soft cloth.
- Traces of flies are easily removed by a cut onion.
- If the stain on the mirror stains from the hairspray, they can be removed with a solution of vinegar. A spoonful of nine percent vinegar is taken to a glass of water.
Mirror is an object that is often endowed with magical properties, but because of this, one should not be afraid to place it in the bedroom. It is enough to study the advice of specialists in feng shui and not too zealous with the number of mirrors, so that they become a real decoration of your room.