Beginning the renovation, a good owner plans in advance to design each room in the apartment: design and the bathroom, and the hallway, and the bedrooms are of no small importance. What can I say about the design of the main room of the house - the living room. Now you can often hear the phrase: "design in a modern style." What is this modern style and how to decorate the interior of the living room in this way? Let's consider this issue in the article.
Features of modern style in the living room
What are the main signs of the presence of modern style in the interior of the living room:
- This is a very democratic design. He does not have any too luxurious features, but at the same time the interior in this style will not be too laconic. Excellent for our usual apartments, which for the most part can not boast of a huge size and individual layout.
- The decoration in a modern style will look good in the living room of any size. A small room he will make cozy, and a big one will add style and solemnity.
- The modern style of the room is somewhat original. Therefore, if you adhere to conservative views on interior design, then it is better to dwell on the classical style.
- Unusual strokes are given to designer furniture, often bright or light colors, unusual chandeliers, original curtains. Author's copies or their qualitative replicas are used. The most important thing here is not to overdo it, and in pursuit of the unusual not to miss other important qualities of furniture and interior items - harmony and convenience. Interesting design fireplace also can complement the modern interior.
- Modern style uses the method of combining space. Often from a separate small kitchen and hall make one common living-dining room. This stylish trick widens the space and, indeed, makes the kitchen-living room more modern. Also, sometimes there is a combination of a living room with a heated loggia, especially if the loggia is decent enough. Thus, the living room space becomes lighter and easier.
- The color design of the living room in a modern style is quite free. A subtle game of halftones and shades, also used for design in the classical style, is welcomed.
- Modern materials along with traditional materials are a hallmark of such a room. So, often used chairs made of metal and plastic in light colors, interesting chandeliers, roller blinds and similar ideas - beautiful and original.
- For the floor is best suitable for laminate or parquet. Eco-friendly mats or carpeting of a light shade will perfectly fit into the interior of the living room.
- Ceilings are often used multi-level, stretch, filling, etc. Apply all the latest newfangled ways of design. But it is quite acceptable and the usual flat white ceiling, covered with a usual matte paint - for Khrushchev this is the most suitable option.
How to choose the right furniture for the living room in a modern style:
- Preferred strict, concise, modern furniture of simple, understandable forms without superfluous decor, light shades.
- Since the living room in the modern style implies a spacious space, the main thing when selecting furniture is not to litter the room. Do not hang huge chandeliers and heavy curtains - they are used in classical style.
- Instead of cumbersome cabinets and even more prehistoric large "walls" it is better to use the design of shelving and hanging shelves, on which you can arrange a few trinkets that decorate the interior. The fireplace and its upper shelf will also serve as an excellent place to showcase photos, awards and other memorabilia.
- Particular attention should be paid to choosing a sofa. He is in most cases the main active object of the composition of the living room. The sofa should be large enough and comfortable. Upholstery and design, choose the color of the design of the room. A good choice is buying a corner model of light colors. It will fit perfectly into the interior even 18 square meters. m and does not take too much space, which is important for a small living room.
- Modern living room involves modern technology. Moreover, this technique should be quite a lot, and it must be massive. A large plasma screen and high, stylish audio speakers are great ideas for choice.
- If you choose a coffee table, then for a modern style, models with a glass top are the best. Glass - an excellent material, ideally suited to this direction, looks good and when finishing the kitchen.
- Do not use heavy curtains in the apartment, the living room in a modern style will look better in a room filled with light. Chandeliers should not be too heavy and massive.
- Do not use carpets, especially those that remind of the east and the USSR. And even more so do not hang such copies on the walls of the room. A small stylish carpet - white or solid colors of a calm, neutral tone - is quite acceptable near the coffee table or at the couch. The decorative skin of a zebra or other exotic animal in front of the fireplace also perfectly fits into a modern interior.
Consider what ideas of shades and color combinations will be the best choice for a modern living room:
- If the living room is dominated by a gray color, then in such a room it will be easy to relax. This design helps to relax from workdays and relaxation. This color is very modern and suitable for a small living room.
- If you want clean, bright interiors, and if you do not yet have small children and pets, you can choose a snow-white design. Very stylish looks white soft furniture and white upholstery chairs. In addition, to choose additional colors in this case will be very simple - with white it looks great almost the entire palette of flowers in nature. Add beautiful flowers in decorative light pots - they will bring liveliness into the slightly chilly interior of the room.
- If y
ou use blue in combination with beige, you will get a modern living room in light colors, which will become a cozy and comfortable place for leisure activities for the whole family.
- If you want to make the interior more dynamic, add red accessories and decor items. Such ideas can include red curtains, a fireplace with a bright shelf, an interesting design of a chandelier, fashionable furniture.
- The white-black interior is an excellent choice. This stylish combination can turn into a modern living room, including located in a far from the most modern house. Even the space of the living room of a small Khrushchev is 18 square meters. m will look very different. And even more so this method will be a godsend for a large room.
How to better decorate the wall covering in the living room of modern style:
- The modern interior is characterized by the use of paint or plaster for the walls. Excellent will look plaster or liquid wallpaper in light colors, which have a characteristic interesting texture. Such ultramodern ideas will give a stylish, stylish touch of the living room, even a small one, to 18 square meters. m.
- Wallpaper in the interior of the modern living room used. But they should also be in a modern style: without vintage curls, retro flowers, classic strips and ornaments. Best of all, or monophonic wallpaper, or with a modern design - stylized large single flowers, avant-garde elements, etc.
A few useful points that will help decorate the interior of the living room in a modern style:
- Focus on one piece of furniture or a stylistic detail in the interior. It can be a beautiful corner sofa or in a classic fireplace design, a huge kitchen-living room window or a glass cabinet with a backlight in which your coin collection is on display. Under this item, and select all the other details of the interior, as well as color design, decor: chandeliers, curtains, etc. Thus, your living room in a modern style will acquire a harmonious single design.
- Do not forget the thoughtful lighting. There should be several light sources, it is advisable to use spot lighting in the apartment - these ideas are relevant even for a small Khrushchev. Candles and candelabra in the living room are not welcome, it's better - modern stylish lamps made of chrome-plated metal and plastic. They can be placed next to the fireplace and other parts of the living room.
- If the living room is small and you want an interior in a modern style, then it will be a good idea to unite this room with a kitchen. It will be a fairly spacious room, which can then be designed in accordance with modern requirements. In a small living room - up to 18 square meters. m - furniture and decoration in bright colors look best, which visually expand the space. White color is also welcome.
- In the living rooms of decent size, wallpaper with a large pattern and dark colors are acceptable.
- If the ceiling is low, visually pull it out, pasting the walls with wallpaper with a vertical ornament.
What is not recommended to use when arranging the living room in a modern style:
- Intricate wallpaper, too heaped up ceilings with stucco, can interfere with the perception of the idea of modern style.
- Heavy pompous curtains on the windows. Their use is the prerogative of vintage styles.
- Walls and other bulky furniture.
- Traditional carpets made of wool with the appropriate oriental ornament. It is acceptable to use them in a more concise manner and preferably in front of the fireplace.