A wide variety of materials sometimes complicates the choice of floor covering in the kitchen. But a certain knowledge of each type of decoration helps create an ideal interior. The decor of the kitchen floor does not end with tiles or linoleum, now there are many modern and universal coatings.
Flooring of linoleum
Rumors that the material is not suitable for finishing the floor in the kitchen remains a rumor. The fact is that the quality of this material directly depends on the price, and the more expensive it is, the safer it is to decorate the room. Often buyers are kept at a low price of linoleum, but after a short period of time they observe damage on their floor. Modern materials and many of their types are covered with special protective mixtures, giving additional strength to the coating.
Most people seek to save not only on the cost of material, but also on repair work. Another misconception associated with the inadequacy of linoleum is associated with improper laying of the coating, which is followed by swelling and ruptures. Experts recommend to lay linoleum of commercial type, which is manufactured with the expectation of strength and durability. Light or gray linoleum is better to choose for the interior of a small kitchen, and for a spacious room, you can opt for a dark color: black, dark gray or brown.
Wooden floor in the kitchen
Often when buying flooring in the kitchen, there is a choice between beauty and practicality. In its quest to purchase natural material, the consumer loses in the issue of longevity coverage.
- The tree is one of the most impractical materials, requiring regular renewal and maintenance.
- It is difficult to use when zoning.
- The third disadvantage is a high price, but it is instantly compensated by a reduction in the cost of furniture selection, since such a floor will be harmonious in any interior and style design.
- But here there is one more drawback - the material readily absorbs any stains, it will be difficult to wash it, given the weak moisture resistance.
Therefore, if the fact of natural origin of flooring is more important for you, then most likely you will be satisfied with your choice.
Marble in the kitchen
The price of luxury does not always meet expectations, but it does not concern such material as marble. Such a coating can rightfully be considered unique, as it can not be confused with any other. The stone cover has its own texture, original decor and almost glossy smooth surface. In marble coating there are a number of advantages that make it better than linoleum or laminate, but there are hardly any shortcomings that will only be peculiar to him. Like any other modern material, marble is prone to all sorts of scratches and chips. It is very difficult to install, the decor with black or brown marble is not suitable for a small kitchen. In the rest, such a floor can be considered the most reliable coating.
A floor covering, which can be called affordable, unlike marble - is a laminate. The material is easy to put in a small kitchen or in a spacious kitchen, it is quite practical, but is sold at an affordable price. Its versatility is that you can choose almost any decor options - it can imitate wood, tile, marble, and also have a design pattern. In comparison with wood, laminate is better and more practical, as it is easy to clean and allows the installation of a heating system. A common opinion is that the laminate is not water resistant, but if you choose a material with a special coating, it will not only have a great similarity with the alternative tree, but in many respects it will exceed it. Suitable for both interior decoration of a small and spacious kitchen, no matter what color you choose: light and gray or zoning with black.
Advantages of laminate:
- Affordable price
- Ease of care
- Big choice
- Easy to install
Ceramic floor in the kitchen
When comparing ceramic tiles with strong marble and a warm laminate, the tile comes to the forefront. This is a suitable material for the kitchen, both small and spacious. Just like laminate, tile is able to imitate any textures and materials. Matte coatings are always protected by an additional layer, and installation is not only quick, but also cheap. There is only one condition that the house was warm, it is better to equip the floor with a heating system. As for tiles, then such a material experts recommend to use for finishing the walls and apron of the kitchen. The tile is less durable, so when buying it is worth to be interested in the way of manufacturing and facing the material.
Ceramic tiles or porcelain tiles?
Previously, porcelain stoneware could be imagined only in construction. The high price of such finishes is justified by the beautiful appearance of porcelain tiles and the minimal risk of damage and wear. Virtually the same qualities and has ceramic tiles, which allows you to compare their advantages:
- Resistance to chemicals
- Moisture resistance
- Fire resistance
- Variety of décor
Color and design of the floor in the kitchen
- Black floor in the kitchen - has long been not a novelty, but more and more people choose black color, using zoning space. Black floor can be harmoniously combined with white kitchen, especially with a glossy facade. But just like the white, black floor will require constant care, so that the porcelain tiles or classic tiles constantly reflect a mirror shine. In addition, such a decor is not suitable for interior decoration of a small kitchen.
- The white floor in the kitchen is a way to create a modern interior without any problems with the design. Of course, unlike the black sex, the white is heavier to keep in a constant cleanliness, but the interior of the high-tech kitchen or minimalism will be difficult to imagine without such flooring, especially in the case of zoning of a small kitchen. A light or gray floor is an ideal option for finishing a small kitchen.
- Brown floor in the kitchen - a fairly common option, not delivering trouble with cleaning. It is perfectly combined with dark and light colors: white, black, gray. In the case of the brown floor, you can also make zoning of the room, so the floor will not conflict with any of the colors.
Combined floor in the kitchen
The view that the combinations in the interior is better for professionals to deal with is outdated. Now everyone can create a composition from several materials at once, and no matter what the decor is best: white tile or dark linoleum, black tile or gray marble. You can make a choice in favor of white linoleum, which looks harmonious with light gray tiles on the walls and white furniture. Such decor is relevant for a small kitchen, where the choice of zoning is complicated due to a lack of square meters. In a spacious kitchen you can make zoning by placing a light, gray or white linoleum in the dining area of the kitchen and a brown, black or light tile in the work area.
When combining finishes, it is worth considering combinations. What choice to make, the material will tell. For example, tiles are not very "friendly" with linoleum, and a gray or light laminate with brown or black marble. Decor decoration of a small or large kitchen should be similar in color or texture. It is better if the difference in materials performs the function of zoning in the interior.