Every year there are more and more new ways of decorating in the rooms. In this article we will consider another idea: decorative plaster in the bathroom. Until recently, the custom for all was the design of the bathroom using tiled walls. Time passes and new, modern materials appear. What are the advantages of why decorative plaster in the bathroom is much better than the usual tile.
Advantages of decorative plaster in interior design of the bathroom
Choosing the design of the bathroom, in the first place it should be borne in mind that this room will always be wet. Therefore, the material for the wall must be appropriate. So, what is the use of plaster is better than tile, in addition to being waterproof:
- High level of vapor permeability of the surface
- Unlike tiles, decorative plaster does not create favorable conditions for fungus development, especially if it contains antifungal components
- Due to the absorption of excess moisture (finishes), mirrors do not fog up, which is very convenient
- You can choose any color and texture
Features of using decorative plaster
Before applying the plaster, it is necessary to deal with the preparation of the wall tightly, otherwise the risk that the plaster will begin to exfoliate is great. In addition to unaesthetic, the unprepared wall threatens to turn into a big inconvenience.
- If you came up with a design on the ceiling, but did not prepare the walls, the whole finish risks crumbling to your head
- Prepare the walls of the bathroom only need sanitizing plaster to avoid the appearance of dangerous and ugly moldy spots
- Create a design using pre-plaster will not work, it is intended only for wall preparation
- The surface of the wall must be carefully leveled
Why only sanitizing plaster
After drying, this kind of plaster forms a kind of film on the surface, which firmly touches the walls. Using sanitizing plaster will protect your walls from moisture, so your decorative surface will be sufficiently moisture resistant for use in the bathroom. This will help to retain for a long time all the subsequent design, made with textured plaster. Using this solution will protect your walls from white spots on the surface, which destroy the building material. The outer part of the coating, absorbing and giving away moisture, regulates the microclimate in the bathroom. Fortunately, despite all the nuances, the use of this plaster is quite simple. It can be applied to walls on its own. Its main advantage is that such finishing of the room, where the base is the preliminary plaster, is even more durable than simply tile.
Decorative plaster in the interior
The main advantage of competent preparation of walls before drawing of a decorative covering that becomes possible use of plaster of any kind becomes possible. With the prepared walls, any plaster will serve as a moisture resistant one. There are no restrictions in choosing the right material, but it is worthwhile to understand that there is a difference between different kinds of finishing plaster.
- Smooth decorative plaster. If you want to make the design of walls in the room more noble, you can use smooth decorative plaster for these purposes. This finish completely imitates a natural stone, such as marble. You can diversify this design using stencils. Also, such a coating will be interesting to decorate and the ceiling.
- Structural plasters. This common type of plaster creates ordered, textured reliefs. However, such plaster is not sufficiently moisture resistant. The service life of this type of decoration is not too long, as with smooth surfaces. The reason for this is the persistent moisture in the cavities. The most optimal use of such plaster in places where moisture is least accumulated. For example, you can apply it to the ceiling. However, with all its drawbacks, thanks to this type of coverage, the most interesting design of rooms. The most beautiful are those where there is a combination of two types of decorative coatings.
The choice of a mixture for plaster deserves special
Many people advise buying ready-made mixtures. You can do so, if you have enough experience in decorating the walls. If you are a beginner, then working with the finished mixture can take you too much time, because this composition can not be diluted or thickened to a convenient consistency. If you are going to work independently, then you better give up heterogeneous mixtures, since they are considered to be the most difficult at work. The decoration of walls in the room with such plaster is better to entrust to professionals. The best and most reliable option is plasters not based on water. Water compositions, though harmless, but such a mixture is not moisture-resistant. After the drying of the walls it will need to be covered with a wax compound.
Features of application
All types of coating have their own features of application, if you decided to decorate your bathroom with a wall besides the walls, then it is worth knowing a few nuances. After all, the ceiling, as a rule, is one of the most problematic parts of the room.
The ceiling must be completely clean and completely dry before coating. And unlike the walls of the room, plaster on the ceiling can be applied to places with flaws. The procedure for applying a decorative coating resembles the process of shpatlevaniya. However, after comes the most crucial moment - the creation of the invoice. To create a decor, the ceiling is treated with a spatula or a structural roller.
Today's construction market offers a huge number of options for finishing, you just have to choose what is most suitable for you.