Every owner of a private house seeks to maintain a constant comfortable temperature in his home. A private house is usually heated either by a wood-burning stove, or by a gas boiler, or by their varieties. Heating the house with electricity is expensive, it is the most expensive kind of heating the house, but you can use it as a backup source of keeping the heat. For this purpose, heaters for heating are ideal.
What is heating element for heating?
Electric heating elements are heating elements that are placed in a liquid inside the radiator. They heat the liquid: water, oil or special means circulating through the heating system. Passing through the pipes, the heated liquid transfers heat to the environment and returns back to the heating element. They can be installed in radiators for water heating, infra-red heaters, or in heating boilers. They produce TENs of various types and modifications. In all of them, the heating element is reliably protected from water ingress and is additionally covered with a galvanizing layer. All these measures serve to prevent accidental electric shock to people.
Advantages of using heaters for heating
Despite the fact that electricity is the most expensive type of heating, in the application of heaters for heating there are a number of undeniable advantages:
- equipment of an autonomous heating system in the absence of access to gas or solid fuel;
- the possibility of heating automation when using heaters with temperature controllers;
- absence of harmful to the nature or human emissions into the atmosphere;
- small sizes of devices allow installing them almost everywhere;
- a huge selection of models for any conditions of use;
- simple and inexpensive installation of equipment.
Also, the use of electric heating allows avoiding such dangerous moments as accidents with explosions of domestic gas or carbon monoxide poisoning when using wood-burning stoves.
Types of heaters
Manufacturers produce two types of heaters. They differ in the way they are manufactured and used:
- Tubular. This is the most common type of heaters, which are used in almost all electric heaters. They differ in the length of the tube, in diameter and in configuration. Tubular heating elements are usually made of stainless steel.
- Tubular finned tubes have the form of a tube with transverse ribs. Used to heat air or gas in heaters such as heat guns or convectors.
Also from electric heaters it is possible to assemble a block - TENB. The block is used to increase the power of the device.
Other types of tubular electric heaters for domestic use are not used.
Heating elements with a thermostat
Thermoregulators are equipped with almost all electric water heaters - kettles, boilers, titans, radiators. Manufacture of such heaters from nickel-chromium wire. It is placed inside a tube of stainless or carbon steel and covered with magnesium oxide powder. It is a good current isolator, and at the same time has a high thermal conductivity. When choosing a heating element with a thermostat, you need to pay attention to the following points:
- material from which the tube is made - copper or acid-proof stainless steel;
- the possibility of use in water and alkaline solutions. Such devices are marked with the letter P;
- When choosing the device, you should calculate the possibilities of wiring. For a very powerful TEN it is necessary to lay a separate cable from the shield.
You also need to study the location of the temperature sensor. It should be easily removed if it becomes necessary to change it.
Heating elements for radiators
In the radiators - cast iron or aluminum batteries - the heating elements are installed to stabilize the temperature during periods of disconnection of the centralized heat supply or for additional heating of the room. Such heating at night can be quite beneficial if the house has a two-rate electricity meter.
TENs for radiators have a thin flange and a narrow heating element. They are equipped with a special casing, which protects from water ingress. A capillary thermostat helps to regulate heating, and two temperature sensors protect the product from overheating. Many models of modern heaters are equipped with convenient and necessary functions: "Turbo" - for rapid heating of the room and "Anti-freeze" - to prevent defrosting of the heating system. This function is intended for long-term maintenance of temperature not below +10 degrees.
It is not difficult to fit the heating element into the radiator. It is necessary to remove the plug from the lower flange and screw it into this hole. Then you should install the thermostat and connect the device to a network with ground. Installation of heating elements in the system of water central heating has many advantages:
- protects the system from freezing in cases of emergency shutdown;
- allows you to accurately adjust the temperature in the room;
- economically spends electricity due to impulse work;
- Low price with a large selection of models.
Heating elements for heating boilers
The heater can be installed in an electric or combined heating boiler. In the electric boiler TEN is the only source of heat, in the combined main fuel is solid wood, coal, briquettes.
The heating element in the solid fuel boiler plays an auxiliary role, maintaining the temperature in the absence of fuel. It is very convenient to use such boilers in cottages and country houses, when there is no need to constantly maintain a comfortable temperature in the house.
The boiler can be permanently switched on in the mode of maintaining the minimum temperature that does not allow the heating system to defrost. The transfer of the boiler from the solid fuel to the electrical heating occurs automatically when a certain temperature is reached. The installation of a combined boiler requires the implementation of safety precautions. So, the boiler should be installed in a separate room with good ventilation. Since the boiler has a high weight, it must be installed on a strong concrete base. The room should have a chimney, which has a good draft.
Advantages and disadvantages of using boilers with electric heaters
Heating solid fuel boilers with electric heaters have a number of advantages:
- The boiler is economical when burning solid fuel;
- the transition to heating by T
EN is automatic and the temperature does not decrease to critical values;
- the desired temperature is easy to program and not overheat the room, respectively, save money;
- The boiler has a long service life due to the constant maintenance of the optimum temperature without sudden changes;
- The heater can easily be replaced with a breakdown.
You also need to know the shortcomings of such boilers:
- the device can not be installed in a conventional apartment building in the absence of a separate chimney;
- it requires a separate room;
- for the operation of the heater, a three-phase current connection is necessary;
- The device needs regular maintenance.
As we see, the shortcomings are quite relative and for installation of equipment in a private house are uncritical.
The purchase and installation of a boiler or radiator with a heater in your home will be a convenient and profitable help for the optimal maintenance of a comfortable temperature in the home.